Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File OAB and BPH together?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Was recently diagnosed with both Over Active Bladder AND BPH, which are by all accounts secondary to radiculopathy of the lower lumbar region. Numerous BVA decisions have made the connection.

Do I file them as separate conditions, considering they are both a "urinary disorder" by law, or do I file them together?

Also, my urology PA has told me over the phone that I will be diagnosed with ED as soon as I see her tomorrow, which by all accounts can be linked to the lower lumbar radiculopathy as well.

It's my understanding that ED is not actually a "scheduler" condition, and no percentage is applied to it. So do I file it together with the above conditions, or separate?

Thanks,

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

Edited by allansc2005

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file them separate. let the VA Figure it all out.

The ED is a non % rating but it will have a compensation rating at or close to $$ 103. monthly above your S.C. Conditions you currently have it should be 0% Service Connected....They use to rate ED AT 10% However that has been change...(I don't know the correct CFR #'s)

E.D.  is a SMC -K  Award

However you should get other opinions from the elder members  Ms berta Broncovet, Asknod...As to how to file?

I would file them as separate.

I'm not so sure..if its consider pyramiding or not? if so you need a Dr's opinion ( as likely as not Related to) to the lower lumbar radiculopathy secondary to your BHP ED or vise-versa  you need a Dr to NEXUS this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, got it. From  reading your link it looks like the Lower Lumbar Radiculopathy has triggered ALL 3, the ED, OAB and BPD, so therefore I will file all 3 as secondary conditions. The above is WELL known by the VA, as well as in the medical field.

Don't really need a Nexus letter on these as I've already been SC for both upper and lower Radiculopathy-as secondary conditions themselves.

Thanks,

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

I agree with Buck.  Dont try to do VA s  job, just file for both and let them figure it out.  Dont burn down any bridges, either, by not filing for both.  If VA decides to combine these, and if you dont like the result, appeal.