VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seperation?

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

MY tbi review and PTSD exam the doctors separated my symptoms and said yes it can be differentiated. That my TBI residuals with two facets at 3 is responsible for 70 % of my occupational and social impairment on question 4c of my ptsd exam and my PTSD checked the Occupational and social impairment box  with deficiencies in most areas box but then in question 4c.states that it only contributes to 30% of the occupational impairment. Isnt that 100% together but rated separately  for  70%?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

jfrei I would think so, but  I had thought you were already 100%?

Can you til what or how they separated the tbi vs ptsd?

is there a test they do? or any type of vag testing like using a strobe light to see the brain waves activity   ect,,,ect,,? ??

Now I don't know what the heck I am talking about here its  only an assumption or a guess.

For years they could not differentiate the two, can you let us know  what test they did or how they came to this separation of symptoms?

TBI VS PTSD.

It could help other TBI Veterans with their claims.

I had been made 100% IU that is 90% before but also made P and T. I'm have some time before the decision hopefully a few weeks I'll know the outcome. But honestly i was a recent neuropsych test and was diagnosed with a cognitive disorder due to my PTSD and an Adjustment Disorder which began before my TBI and made chronic by my TBI the Neurologist opined. So I filed a claim for a chronic adjustment disorder secondary to my TBI when i went to that neauropsy he went over all my tests related to my sTBI and my deployments records which came 3 years after a half ass recovery that left me supervised the rest of military career until EAS outed honorably. He was sure that my ADjustment disorder was causitive of my PTSD which was exacerbated by my TBI I had using words that confuse me by y'all understand Va lingo. Then the VA say he seperarated my issues and ordered a increase for my TBI and my PTSD which is now currently lumped with my TBI. At the PTSD she opined that she could differentiate between the two PTSD and my TBI by also seperated symptoms and also giving the proportion of occupational impairment each caused which is 70 TBI 30 ptsd. That's what confuses me by the exam where she checked my occupational impairment it would be 70 by itself but since it only causes 30 percent and the rest is my TBI that might be lumped together again I just don't know.., Has anyone have anything similar to this effect or actually have them both rated? Hopefully the decision will come in a couple of weeks but we all know how that goes...

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

yes thank you jfrei  this will help other veterans with TBI ,so many young vets coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan  from  IED's and RSB (Road side Bombs) ect,,ect,,

My grandson is a combat Medic and is at Ft Bliss right now (in training) getting ready to be deployed to Africa,as he was on alert for Afghanistan a couple months ago, I think maybe the President has plans for the North Korea Leader. (jmo)  as he is not allowed to say why he is being deployed over there?

Edited by Buck52

Well I wish him the best, is in going to Djibouti that's not so bad yet unless its changed since 2009 which im sure it has with this ISIS bs ? I hope something happens quick this crap this war is dragging for the president and Yes I voted for Trump... I have allot of time on my hands which is why you see me flooding the questions and answers I hope Ive reached a few. I actual every time I walk to a Voc rehab apt end up helping some vet there being slammed for something dumb like how he should file the paper trail I corrected that as soon as he walked away. Then a Vietnam vet AIR WINGER brought hes unit orders of the date he was at the unit for his Recall orders and she walked back for 20 minutes said she couldn't find a thing. I laughed asked for his orders went to marines.mil searched his unit and Vietnam low and behold it says the whole entire unit moved in and deployed in Vietnam. I said heres a start it gives a number to his units diary and admin I called them WOW they had his deployment records all from xxxxxxx google sorry I mean google and then I walked into my appointment. Ive taken my TBI residuals of obsessing over helping the next one I can gives me something to look forward to when I see another check on my reputation...

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes ISIS is a big part of it.  that's about all he will tell us.

jfrei,

You give great information and help a lot of veterans  and the TBI info will sure help a lot of veterans that come here to hadit.  keep up the good work buddy.

I'm sorry they are finally shutting down the one help line that actually got shit done but who knows speaking with them they are keeping the same job helping vets just no more phone service I may have to call tomorrow and ask if the writing the letter first class method works to get questions answered and maybe their exact address to reach then if in SOL