VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

8 Years finally BVA Grants

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a text today saying I have a fedex  delivery coming tomorrow from the VBA out of Minnesota. 

Seems like things always change when it comes to me. It use to be the BBE. Anyway, the package requires a signature. I hope this is good news. I swear I can’t handle bad news. 👀

Anybody else get their rating via fedex? Seems extreme, right? 

I had my QTC exam on Monday Nov. 6, 2017 so I’m guessing this is the final rating. Been 8 years. No changes in ebenefits. 🤦‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Status update... Spoke with my VSO (Chicago RO) who told me he saw in his system a status update scheduled for nov 25. Then today he told me the status date changed to December 17th. He said it’s not rated yet. Fibroids and anemia. My hgb levels for anemia was 7 and below - I looked that up in the rating schedule and that’s 70%. Fibroids 30%. I know that’s not 100% but it sure looks like it. No movement in ebenefits.

Please take both your hands and raise them up to the sky... now wiggle your fingers!!!! That’s right wiggle them!!! Lol i need all prayers on deck to the heavens above. This waiting is about to drive me crazy. Seriously, I got ptsd dealing with all this claim stuff. But I know God is in control. So I’ll wait. The good news is both contentions were granted. Now I just have to wait on the rating. 🤦‍♂️😅😮❤️❤️❤️

Come on GOD🙏

SergeantQ- I am a Prayer! I sure will pray for you! 

It is one thing to have great Evidence ( I have 2 IMOs from Dr B that helped award one of my claims) but I also have prayed for the VA to have the ability to read my evidence. All veterans are prayed for in my prayer group and I ask for some specific prayers for the Secretary as well....from time to time...

I agree with what you said- if a vet or their survivor as claimant does not have PTSD when they file their claims, they sure might get it from the claims process itself.

Thanks for not ever being discouraged enough to give up.

That is what the VA wants us all to do.

Some of my retros  came before the actual award letter did.

But the BVA case I had took 6 years and then they (the RO) fought me over the retro- it involved a past FTCA case I had with an offset amount, they had to refund when the direct AO DMII claim was won at the BVA.

I called the FTCA lawyer who had settled with me, then got copy of a letter from some other VA OGC honcho, that he had ordered the RO to pay me, and then the check  (which the VA sent a letter to me on, for me to take to my bank to expect a transfer of funds-but after 3 weeks they said they still didn't get the transfer,

was not an eletronic transfer, at all  and ,instead,I found a VA  check  in my rural  mail box, down by the road,  sitting there after  2 days of  a  major snow storm..that had completely covered my car,with wind that had blown   my mail box open.Most of my neighbors  never even attempted to get their mail or even try to drive down the hill for those 2 days.

I had to dry it out before I could deposit it...my bank was shocked that they didnt use the electronic transfer system.

I bet my VARO was hoping the wind blew it away ,I get the same weather they get, but the wind and snow had packed it into the box.

Edited by Berta

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use