VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

8 Years finally BVA Grants

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

1 hour ago, Prettypantha said:

@SergeantQ,

Alrighty then (Hooraaaa)! Glad to hear you're scheduled much sooner than later. Actually, this may be the diamond in the rough (good to go but need some polish) that will get you over the hump. So far, all of my experiences with QTCs have been favorable upon me, so I'm hoping and praying for the same for you. Good Luck Bud!

From your mouth to God’s ears. Thanks for the prayers Prettapatha I certainly appreciate it. I will send update next week. 

Hope all is well with your claim. Are u good to go or still fighting? 

@SergeantQ,

You're very welcome! Actually, I'm still fighting. I have two NODs that's waiting to be reviewed by DRO. One was submitted 8/15/2015 and the other one was 8/21/2016. I use to be on pins and needles about waiting, but that has all changed due to reading other threads about the timeline for a decision. I've found a hobby and commits myself diligently to not focus so much on those appeals. I guess you can say that I've matured a little in that essence...lol. 

10 hours ago, Prettypantha said:

@SergeantQ,

You're very welcome! Actually, I'm still fighting. I have two NODs that's waiting to be reviewed by DRO. One was submitted 8/15/2015 and the other one was 8/21/2016. I use to be on pins and needles about waiting, but that has all changed due to reading other threads about the timeline for a decision. I've found a hobby and commits myself diligently to not focus so much on those appeals. I guess you can say that I've matured a little in that essence...lol. 

Hi Prettapantha... keep going with the NOD and up on your appointments/deadlines. That’s the way to do it. 

I would like to say I’ve matured as well, and GOD knows I have but when you dealing with this year after year, at times having no movement for years, it’s bigger than just finding a hobby. It’s bigger than just waiting. Its the principal. It makes u feel like nobody cares and the VA is allowed to deny, delay and ignore you. I know it’s not about me persay but when u in the midst of it - it’s really hard to stay focused and not become your own best advocate. Hopefully you will never have to know this feeling.

I really think the VA has made great strides since I put my claim in 2010 so you shouldn’t have any problems. Especially logging into this site. If I had this before I put my claim in - no way I would’ve waited 8 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

@SergeantQ,

Glad to hear this! You're absolutely right, shouldn't take that much longer! After my exam with the QTC for a psychological exam...it only took 2 weeks to get approved and 4 days to get paid afterwards. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use