VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD DBQ question

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

I was wondering, I was diagnosed with PTSD by my VA psychiatrist, my VA provider and my personal Psychologist. I and my personal Psychologist write out my initial and review DBQ's, is this ok or no or will the require more for my claim? I also have Nexus letters and such as well connecting my PTSD to in service stressor

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is your question?

if you are asking if you should file a claim for PTSD ? YES YES YES do it yesterday.

Time is wasting away  so YES file your PTSD Claim and submit all your favorable evidence. Fill it  as a F.D.C.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

What is your question?

if you are asking if you should file a claim for PTSD ? YES YES YES do it yesterday.

Time is wasting away  so YES file your PTSD Claim and submit all your favorable evidence. Fill it  as a F.D.C.

Buck,

I filed my NOD for PTSD and Migraines, just wondering I was Diagnosed by my VA Psychiatrist as well as my Personal Psychologist. Is there a difference

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh  you was denied for PTSD? 

What was the reason they denied you?

Well in  general the difference between the two Dr's Psychiatrist and a Physiologist,  the Psychiatrist can prescribe medications  and the Psychologist Can't  but both can make a Diagnoses...and it has to be a VA Dr.

The Physiologist is more in the field for counseling and social work.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have any combat related awards like a CIB, CAB, PH or Bronze Star with V ?    This would make your stressor a slam/dunk.  The VA won't accept a private doctor's DX of PTSD.   The VA Gods have designated themselves only to DX PTSD.   This is to control the money going out the door and nothing to do with medical reality.