VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EBEN/SOC

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

I logged on to ebennie today and saw the following. I'm not familiar with the SOC, but I don't want to jump to conclusions too fast. Anyway, since I didn't understand this, I'd decided to call 1-800-Peggy, to which the guy said that my SOC were mailed out on November 14th for both appeals. He couldn't give me much info about it. My question is...are all SOCs denials? 

Screenshot_20171116-112430.png

Edited by Prettypantha
change was to were

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

The issuance of an SOC by your RO indicates that your C-File's time at your RO is over and your Appeal is being "Certified" as complete and transferred to the BVA for Docketing and the Hearing of your choice. !++ year wait for actual Hearing at BVA is not unusual after receiving the Docket Number.

How long has it been since you filed your NOD requesting a Traditional VA Appeal? When was the last time that you submitted any New & Material Evidence in support of your Appeal?

Just looked at your 07/17 post regarding Retro Award from DRO Appeal, evidently all SC Issues were not Awarded, correct? This SOC covers the DRO Denied Issues.

How about posting a redacted copy of the DRO Award/Denial Letter. Did you use the DRO Review or Hearing process?

Thank you for getting back to me @Gastone!

Yes, I originally filed for Migraines and Conversion Disorder in September 2014. The VA awarded me service connect for Migraines at 0% and denied the Conversion Disorder.

So, on July 14, 2015 I filed an appeal for a higher rating for migraines and to be service connected for the Conversion Disorder with New & Material Evidence (IMOs) for both (this is the appeal showing date 8/4/2015).

On July 28, 2015 I'd submitted several new claims: Pes Planus, Hysterectomy (Fibroids) and Cervical Radiculopathy. June 1, 2016 the VA service connected my Pes Planus at 30%, Hallux Valgus (bunions left and right foot) 0%, Partial Hysterectomy 0% with SMC K, and denied the Cervical Radiculopathy. On July 18, 2016 I filed an appeal for the Cervical Radiculopathy with New & Material Evidence (IMO/IME) (this is the appeal showing date 8/12/2016).

So basically, at this point I'm only getting 30% income. 

I did some research about chronic pain, depression and anxiety due to my service connected Migraines and Pes Planus. So, in February 2017 I filed a new claim for secondary issues of Depression and Anxiety due to chronic pain. I had the VA rheumatologist to do a DBQ to which I submitted. The VA sent me for a QTC exam around May 16th and by the end of May, they granted me 70% for depression (MDD) for secondary issues. I stand at 80% currently!

P.S. Both appeals are DRO Reviews!

Edited by Prettypantha

There in lye's the main problem with DRO Reviews, no face to face Hearing, your only notification of a continued Denial is your actual receipt of the SOC and Denial Letter.

E-Ben seems to now be on the stick and is updated within about 2 to 3 weeks of the DRO Decision. However, the Decision (and SOC or SSOC if required) letter still takes anywhere from (2) to (3) months post Decision to arrive.

It does appear that your DRO Review resulted in a Continued Denial, next stop BVA.

I received the first SOC today.

The DRO awarded me 10% for migraines from September 2013 to June 2017, and 30% onward. The Statement of the Case also said that my Conversion Disorder was also awarded but will be mailed separate. Hopefully, I'll get that tomorrow or the next day. Will keep you all posted!