VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

when will e-benefits update an ab8 after claim is complete

Rate this question

algomaspur

Question

O.K. I have a book of information here sorry.  I am already 100% total from the V.A. for mental health issues.  I submitted a claim to add a serious mental condition to my existing disability.  How long does it take for e benefits to reflect the new change or will the ab8 stay the same considering I am already 100%.  I also submitted for P&T due to my issues being static, and also just getting my review done by SSDI and that being extended due to my condition.  When I got E-benefits under the disabilities tab it shows my new contention that i filed for and also that I am still rated 100% but the date is still the same date that I got when I was approved the first time in 2014.  Also when I check my letters and go to benefit summary it still shows 100% and the box is still checked as not permanent and total.  If the RO follows the rules is it true that your letters won't update until after you or right before you receive your Big Brown Envelope.  I am really confused and unfortunately due to my OCD i have to check ebenefits every couple of hours.   

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The 100% part will stay the same.

The P&T part should be updated within a reasonable period after it has been approved. I'm not sure if the the effective date will be updated to reflect when P&T status goes into effect, but since you are already 100% schedular, it may end up staying the same.

For what it's worth, the AB8 letter showing I was 100% P&T helped me go to my state DMV office and get discounted vehicle registration and fishing license. I also used it to get a homestead exemption for my state taxes. When I went to get my ID card on base, I had to bring the award letter itself which said "no future exams" and saying my dependents may qualify for chapter 35 DEA benefits. The letter also came in handy when signing my dependents up for CHAMPVA benefits.

I hope this helps you out.

I actually went to my RO and they printed out for me my list of disabilities and what codes they fall under which cites in this printout the P and T effective date... and any SMR I qualified for