VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans appeals and RAMP (Rapid Appeals Modernization Program)

Rate this question

Martell

Question

Hello. I have had a claim in process for the last 2 years under the current "Legacy" appeals process, I submitted VA Form 9 and additional evidence, now waiting for a BVA hearing.

I recently received a letter from the VA informing me of the "RAMP" program. The letter included a form titled "RAMP OPT-IN ELECTION" offering invitation to participate in this new program which it claims that by choosing to participate in it (and leaving the current Legacy program) it may lead to an earlier resolution of my claim and/or appeal and may help avoid delays being experienced in the current claims process. I have many concerns in opting out of the current claims process, will opting into RAMP which is a new claims program more than likely untested create more issues and confusion and further interfere with my current claim in the books. Apparently as it says in the form, if one decides to opt in into the RAMP program you cannot go back to the current "Legacy" program. Just wondering what opinions anyone has about this new program. Any forum members receive the new program offer?, did any forum member opt for the RAMP program?. Just trying to obtain opinions, pretty hard to make a decision, the new process may complicate and create disarray with claims that are currently in process. Opinions regarding this important topic are appreciated.       

Buck.

The VA has just been screwing me over as well as my dependents because I was a documented case, but just haven’t died yet. I don’t feel from it, but thankfully I am still here. I think they know now that I finally have enough evidence to prove most all of my claims, at least enough to prove 100% service connection, but the VA still don’t want some of the conditions connected to Vietnam. I had a stroke at 19 years old, brain damage, abdominal tumors by the dozens, Chloracne, skin rashes, liver problems, kidney problems, peripheral neuropathy, and so many other things including Agent Orange being used every place I set foot, but because of Agent Orange being hidden from the public, I had to be denied and all the traces of evidence hidden as well.

Enough is known now that it can’t hardly be denied, but the raters in St Louis(Monsanto’s City), are hard at work lying about Agent Orange and it’s connection to even those presumptive conditions that are now proven. They still insist they are only presumptive, but these raters are the most dishonest spineless people in the VA. Washington DC hopefully has much more intelligent people than the Regional Offices. 

I do have 2 appeals pending and they will determine what happens in the future, but I am just thankful that I am still mobile. I understand their math, but not their reasoning, or how they can see the evidence yet say it isn’t so. It’s unforgivable that a rater can see it in their face and deny it. They should not have that job or authority. I’m looking forward to honest judges, and at some point the law will show that it’s the male that caries the determining factors in offspring dna damage and disabilities. They chose the female because there were 8k that served in Vietnam as opposed to 2.5 million men. I was P & T in 1971 and they knew it. Thanks Buck.

victor Ray

11 hours ago, Buck52 said:

After further review of my c file  I believe the DRO had to give the 10% for tinnitus at an earlier date to boost my 50% rating up to 60%  then he applied the 30% increase and awarded the TDIU P&T to meet the IU Criteria back then. using the CFR 4.16 Extra Scheduler. 

however this don't make the EED Correct!!! 

I looked up the car 4.16 Buck, and mebeing 70% PTSD and 30% CAD, should have qualified me, but other issues that were more than 30% were hidden while I was still on duty. If you looked up the conditions that the “P” in P U L H E S covers, I had all of them, except the female issues of course, and never recovered from them. I should have been a P4, but they left themselves some wiggle room to not pissoff their superiors I guess, or just didn’t realize the depth of the permanent injuries. They knew they were permanent, and bad, just not how bad, at the moment. They realized later, probably as more results of deterioration developed. Hiding the evidence cost me a lifetime of anguish, and I hope it’s made right. That CFR was helpful. T You

victor ray

• HadIt.com Elder

A 70% RATING AND A 30% RATING IS  ROUNDED OUT AT 79% FOR A 80%RATING...YOU WOULD QUALIFY FOR THE IU IF THE S.C. DISABILITY KEPT YOU FROM WORKING.?

..THE SEVERITY OF THE DISABILITY  BECAUSE THE COMBINED RATINGS DON'T ALWAYS GET 100% THIS IS WHY THEY USE THE EXTRA SCHEDULER.4.16 

SOME DISABILITY S  DON'T ALWAYS MEET THE 100% CRITERIA  BUT THE SEVERITY OF THE DISABILITY CAN KEEP THE VETERAN FROM WORKING OR FINDING WORK

I was 90% combined rating when I got the TDIU P&T  AND THEN  16 YEARS LATER I FILEED A PTSD CLAIM AND WAS RATED 70%  FOR PTSD AND THIS WAS A STATUTORY  RATING TO MEET THE CRITERIA FOR SMC S   H.B. Also SMC K for E.D.

i HAVE A FEW MORE CONDITIONS LIKE SLEEP APNEA, SKIN CONDITION RELATED TO A.O. AND ARTHRITIS OR DJD...I could file claims for  but I have enough and theres not any more $$ in the pot for me..unless I lose both legs both Arms  then I could get the top SMC AWARD FOR BEING USELESS ...BUT IF THAT HAPPEN i  HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE.

I agree they are giving you the old shaft.

Edited by Buck52

Buck.

Yes, I was well over the 30% needed to qualify for 100% retirement because I was 100%. They knew, and I believed in them, that they would not lie to me. I never thought the VA was deceptive, but I was young and gullible.

glad you finally got 100% and SMC K . I FILED FOR E.D. and developed a painful enlarged prostate about 6 months after returning, and am still taken meds for hyperplasia. They documented it in 1972 but denied it as being service connected aft being medivac’d out of Vietnam.

the Army lied about my records in 1972, but I filed in 1983, and still couldn’t get any medical records, nothing until 2015. Twenty or so  FOIA REQUESTS got nothing, but finally in 2015 a phone call got some of them from hospitalizations in RVN. Enough to prove boots on ground. I’ve inched my way along, but I hope the judge is straight at BVA,,

• HadIt.com Elder

Victor

Here is Veteran claims agent : >John Dorle Phone # 651-203-2062

or email address@       benefitsagent@comcast.net

Leave your name and phone #   John will contact you first chance he gets.

He is from the St Paul Mn Area  but I think you can correspond via email /phone line

You may want to strike up a deal with him...talk to him on the phone and see what you think.

He is very honest and very good Veterans Accredited Claims Agent.

tell hill all what has happen to you and what evidence you have to back you up

I believe he can help your case.

I never have used his services but I listen to him on the Hadit Podcast Radio show from time to time.

Good Luck!

Thanks Buck.

i’ve got His phone number now , but I’m going to see what the Board says before I do anything. I hope they come around, and I hope they do have the missing records to review, but from what I understand, the only way I can possibly see them is through a malpractice lawsuit. I think the would have to use them in order for a fair judgement. 

If they don’t use them as evidence, then I am getting the shaft and will call to see where this can go.  Thanks for the info though Buck. I’ve got it, and need to hear some of his podcasts too, and kinda get to know him. Thanks Buck

victor ray