VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

docked number

Rate this question

Art1969

Question

6 answers to this question

I received mine in Sept. 2016. The BVA says I only have to wait a few more months. My docket is 0ct. 2014 and they are working on June 2014. Good luck.

Good answer, Hume.  Knowing what your docket number is, and what docket numbers they are working on helps to know when yours will be finished.  

Unfortunately, even AFTER you get an award from BVA, that does not mean your money will be in your account the next day.  

You have to wait for your VARO to "implement" the board decision, and that can take from 2 weeks up to "NEVER", because the VARO does not always implement the Board decision promptly or properly.  

I dont like to be the bearer of bad news, but its unrealistic to think you will have your money in a few months while your claim is still at the Board.  

On average, I would guess it takes about 2 more months for VARO to implement your board decision.  

I got a favorable board decision in August, I did not see any money until almost November of last year.  

Art, don't get your hopes up based on your Lawyer's questionable, overly optimistic Hearing  guesstimate. There's always the chance he's just patting your head, so you won't be dogging him for the Date that he really doesn't have a clue about. If you had grounds for a Hardship Advancement, that would be a different story.

You have eyeballed the BVA Decisions listed for 15 - 16 and 17, correct? How does your Docket Number Stack up?

If I'm carrying my Naughts correctly, your Docket Number was generated  Feb ??/2017.

Can't say exactly how Many, but you certainly won't have a BVA Hearing for "Many Moons."