VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long average NOD taking to process?

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I lost Aid and Attendance, the doctor stated that due to my mental health i need assistance and the areas.. The problem is i'm in Vietnam and this was not a doctor familiar with va.. The va sent me to him for C P.. Well he didnt put my service connected depression and anxiety general.. on the axis list.. Anyway he listed Social anxiety instead of general.. The Va denied the claim after getting one of there guys to write a bunch of crap.. I am going back to the doctor monday to have him redo the Aid and Attendance with only usuing my service connected disabilities.  

My question is 18 to 24 months is what i'm told.. Part of me thinks to just file a new claim?  I'm not hurting money wise so to wait a few years would be ok too.. Any advice?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thanks I read alot of your post on here.. NO there are others out here.. The doctor that i was sent to has done others I didnt ask how many. I wish i did now i'm curious too.  Yes they pulled some bs, I filed the smc L aid and attendance because somedays weeks months i'm really bad.. I didnt think i qualify but after reading on hadit.com I think I do.. I thought had to be housebound or whatever.. Ok guys i'll keep you up to date my nod is put in.  One of my friends said trump passed bill to speed up appeals.. so we will see.. E benefits told me 18 to 2 years

Meanwhile, "back at the ranch," occasionally there are multiple ways to skin a cat. What SCs and their respective Ratings make up your 100% CSC or IU Rating?

Did you review your Dr.s A & A application prior to attaching it to your Denied Claim? If I have this correct, your plan is to have this same Dr complete another A & A application to be used as New & Material Evidence in support of a NOD or possible filing of a New A & A Claim.

Was there a language communication problem the first time you had him complete the A & A Medical Statement? 

How about posting redacted copies of the A & A Denial Letter, as well as a copy of the Dr's A & A Questionnaire, that you submitted with the Denied Claim?

i will try to upload it soon.. Yes my plan is to have the same doctor redo it.. The problem was he put bi polar ptsd and some other stuff social Axiety..

I am not service connected for any of them.. I am service connected for general anxiety.. He said due to my depression I need help with hygene cooking medication manegment and a few other things.. So now he basicall put all the same inforemation but at the top in the axis part.. he put only major depression and general anxiety.. He also put a not that it has been updated using only service connected disabilites.