VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

va accountability

Rate this question

army veteran for life

Question

Who do I contact either phone or email that has high authority about what my RO has done to me with my appeals? I have contacted the Whitehouse veterans helpline and my congressman, which his office hasn't got back to me it's been going on 3 months. 1st my form 9 got lost in their mailroom or somewhere in between their mailroom and my personal/ medical file because the form 9 wasn't there for almost 4 years in my personal/ medical file. The veterans helpline did inquire about it but they are on the side of the VA which this appeal is  going to a video conference with a BVA  judge this one is small as in  it's only for reimbursement of the payment that the government has already taken for my TA- 50 that was stored in my old sections TA- 50 storage cage/ area and they turned it in to the supply sergeant for reissue because when I was put out due to my CO blocking my RSTs (was in Army Reserves) I didn't have time to go up to the old unit and have it invetoried and they gave me like only 2 months to do it.The 2nd appeal is the big one I am trying to get an increase would like 100% but I don't know haven't looked or figured out what my rating would be. Anyways it's is for right knee which I was already told by my 2nd PCG that I the total knee replacement was authorized or could have it done between the ages of 55 and 60 because at the time I was in my late 30's and I was too young. I had 3 MRIs on that knee and they didn't find my ACL.The 2nd part of this appeal is for depression with mood swings which I was on Citalopram until recently because of not having no vehicle and every time I went up there I couldn't get meds unless I gave blood like 7 or 8 vials and it does get frustrating because I am sort of being denied the meds I need due to not wanting to give blood. I do have a lawyer and he has been helping the best he can but I want this bs over with and be happy The 2nd thing that was done to me was my RO sent my personal info to another lawyer that has the last same name but in a different state and when they sent me a notice that my open claims  stating that they were going to be closed due to not me or my lawyer responding in the given time I was mad got and didn't know if they dropped my lawyer or what. luckily my lawyer saved the envelope that the Form 9 was sent in and scanned it and sent it in an email to my RO so now I have 2 appeals from the closed claims and I feel that I should get back the almost 4 years that I have lost because of my RO losing an important form like the Form 9 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If the VA has acknowledged receipt of a timely 1-9  from you ,even though it was lost, why do you believe you have lost 4 years ?

"so now I have 2 appeals from the closed claims and I feel that I should get back the almost 4 years that I have lost because of my RO losing an important form like the Form 9 "

As I understand this- 

" The veterans helpline did inquire about it but they are on the side of the VA which this appeal is  going to a video conference with a BVA  judge this one is small as in  it's only for reimbursement of the payment that the government has already taken for my TA- 50 that was stored in my old ." etc

If this is the same 1-9 situation, it seems to me the BVA would not be doing a video conference if the I-9 was not filed in timely fashion, nor acknowledged by the VARO has having been received, then lost and found....

You stated: " I do have a lawyer"- is he/she representing you for a second  separate appeal on the knee condition?

Have you established by now the inservice nexus you need for the knee condition? as well as the depression claim?

"The 2nd part of this appeal is for depression with mood swings which I was on Citalopram until recently because of not having no vehicle and every time I went up there I couldn't get meds unless I gave blood like 7 or 8 vials and it does get frustrating because I am sort of being denied the meds I need due to not wanting to give blood."

It is not unusual for doctors to monitor citalopram with blood tests.It helps them determine proper dosage.

You have identified a serious "leak" in the accountability issue, and that is because the only real accountability they have is to the  white house, a first.  

It takes time to fix these serious issues, so be patient.  

If you have not had return/followup calls from the white house, then call again.  

If I have learned anything about the VA its that persistence wins when everything else usually fails.  Its not unusual for a claim to take 20 years anymore.  

Alex, a couple years ago, got benefits back to 1994, which meant he had his 20 year protections in place when benefits were awarded.  

The VA sings the song, "every claim is different" so there should not be a time limit put on VA.  Of course, every claim is different, but their procedures are supposed to be consistent, so there should be a time frame!

It is absolutely wrong that VA has an unlimited amount of time to process your claim, while we have to file our documents timely or they are thrown out.  (Try filing a NOD, or I9 untimely and you will find out what I mean)

If I understand correctly both form 9's have been found.  That means that nothing is lost, you will be owed back pay for the years they have been missing.  I know it is frustrating when things take a while but a ten year claim is not unheard of, mine settled ten years and one month to the day and then I had to wait another six months for funds to be released.  Hang in there and do not get too wrapped up in your case.  I know it is difficult but the VA works on their time and we cannot change them.