VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Treysnonna

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

Ok maybe someone will give their opinion.  First off a pic of hubbys SOC.  And letters from his drs.  Can you give me you opinion if it is worded good enough.  And notice in his regular md says he is not able to work due to his diseases.  Should we go ahead and file iu.  His appeal is for jan 15.  And they are currently working on dec 14.  If we do will it still stay in line.?

26E38A55-EDD3-4900-8A65-689A78FB75B7.jpeg

F116B6F2-5B15-47A5-94CA-D62A22DA24F6.jpeg

9F0EFC85-32A3-4214-9F5C-7890455FD695.jpeg

E55FC87E-92BA-4FE4-8103-55D3DBC90011.jpeg

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

To me it sounds like he is saying that diabetes is not having that much effect on his kidney function.  But the diabetes has accelerated all of his diseases.  Which means they were all aggravated each other.  Now he was diagnosised with diabetes actually in 99, but the va has it 2001.  Diagnosised with aortic valve and mitral val insufficieny in 2008.  Then in 2011 diagnosised  with ckd. 2013 diagnosised with cad.  Aortic valve replacement in 2013.  He put in for high blood pressure I think when he got out of coast Guard in 92.  They denied.  And I believe he has put in for it since then.  I looked at sir and he had high blood pressure in 86.  They made him get it checked three consecutive days.  It was high every day.  And actually his sugar was on the high side then. Can someone opinion how this is going to go?

." "Can someone opinion how this is going to go?"

In my opinion, not well.   One doctor mentioned he cannot work but that was considering the NSC  renal disease along with the DMII.

Neither opinion fully complies with the IMO/IME criteria here at hadit.

Does your husband have diabetic heart disease or IHD?

If so has he claimed that due to his exposure to AO in Vietnam?

The atherosclerosis is the way to seek service connection to his renal disease-

Here is my search feature:

https://www.google.com/search?q=does+DMII+cause+atherosclerosis&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS695US695&oq=does+DMII+cause+atherosclerosis&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.10679j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

DMII can cause athersclerosis.

Lots of info at Google under this search link above on that-

A doctor would have to state that his  SC DMII caused the atherosclerosis , which in turn has caused his renal disease,(probably his HBP too)  and give a strong medical rationale bolstered by some abtracts/treatices from good medical sources.

It is called the metabolic syndrome, which a good Endocrinologist would understand.

I knocked down 2 VA Endocrinologist's opinions long ago when I was proving my husband had DMII -

(No diagnosis - no treatment) I was the first person to diagnose he had it - and I learned a lot about DMII but I also got 2 great IMOs from Dr Bash.He concurred with my lay medical opinion and added two other disabilities I have not claimed, solely due to my dead husband's  malpracticed DMII.

His heart disease (IHD) (Nehmer Award) and1151 stroke (RO award) had everything to do with atherosclerosis.... it can be a killer.

Others will chime in.

Maybe the doctor who opined that the DMII accelerated his atherosclerosis, and 'played a significant part' in  the kidney disease ,would be willing to provide a detailed IMO in that respect.

The IMO/IME criteria is in our IMO forum...he should use the "as likely or not" format for his rationale.

I think he should also explain the word 'deliterious 'to them, as part of his rationale.

This second opinion above was the better IMO of the two IMOs but it might  cause a Remand from the BVA, ( better then an outright BVA  denial)  but remands add more time to their decision.

The BVA isnt going to connect the medical dots here either, as I did, and might deny the claim again.

Now is the time to really get an opinion that the VA would have to accept.

Nothing is impossible .

Edited by Berta

His MD meant well, but the limited IMO really didn't cut the Mustard regarding an inability to do Ant Type of employment, to include Sedentary work.

Have him apply via E-Ben to the VA Voc Rehab Dept. A letter stating that in their Professional Opinion, your husband is currently precluded from the Voc Rehab program due solely to his SC Conditions and that in their opinion he is currently precluded from doing even Sedentary Work, could actually get him the IU Award.

When you have time, do a google search of Sean Kendal Law + "Tive ways to win your TDIU Claim. Note Number 4, I was recommending it back in 11, glad the Courts finally made it to the party.