VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

test BVA links

The Veteran does not have PTSD as a result of a verified in-service stressor. 2. An acquired psychiatric disorder other than PTSD is not shown to be causally or etiologically related to any disease, injury, or incident during service, and a psychosis did not manifest within one year of the Veteran's discharge from active service

https://www.va.gov/vetapp17/files3/1717500.txt

OK works again......the pastes with arrows are too difficuklt to read.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Wow this was a long BVA Decision that ended in a denial.

I read parts of it but never seen the Veteran had a PTSD Diagnosis  and should have been denied on that   unless they have to follow through with procedure .

Although I don't understand why the board didn't consider his stressor and it should not matter if he failed to file for this within 1 year after discharge?

...PTSD can come up years later or when ever the Veteran seeks help and treatment.

I think this is the deal breaker:

the attempt were inconsistent in that the Veteran alternatively reported that he made the attempt by slashing his wrists, overdosing, and/or hanging.  

It would also appear that no less than 9 "stressors" for PTSD, is a red flag.  I think that is a mistake.  He should pick the worst 2 or 3 stressors, and not give a laundry list of what "might" have been a stressors.  

This may be the result of a well meaning VSO.  I have never heard of "9" seperate stressors.  

Until/unless the Veteran was able to explain these "inconsistencies", this Vet's testimony wont be deemed credible.  

I am certainly not going to call a fellow Vet a malingerer, but he needs to amend these records if they are wrong or inconsistent.  

"Inconsistent" is a "politically correct way"  of saying they dont beleive the Vet.  

Even tho I agree it sounds bad that the Veteran changed his story about his suicide attempts, it's entirely possible or even likely that this Vet had multiple suicide attempts AND he may have repeated this to various medical professionals and the conclusion reached may not be accurate..it may just be a Vet with a mental disorder..

Gee-I didnt even read that decision- It was just a test  because Iast week when I tried to post  excerpts from a few BVA decisions here, the thing that asks if you want to paste it in different text format didnt pop up ,but this AM it did.

I think posted excerpts from the BVA decisions are esier to read in a regular text format without the arrow stuff.

I went over that decision and agree with the BVA.

Why he said he was a combat vet and served in Vietnam is ridiculous based on his DD 214. I do think he has a mental illness but VA does not compensate Personality Disorder, which I think he has ,as manipulating facts and claiming fictional events , is a symptom of a PD.