Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Phone Call From Dav.. 100% Finally

Rate this topic

KennyJ

Ok December 2006 I was raised from 20% to 805 and on December 19, 2006 I filed a reopened claim for TDIU. Well after 4 years of headaches and turmoil my DAV rep. called yesterday and said she had met with Rating officer who was in charge of my appeals. She said the RO said that she didn't think that I could prevail on my appeal for higher % and EED. She said that if I was to drop my appeals that I would be granted TDIU effective immediately. I told her to drop the appeals since the whole reasons for the appeals was to get to 100%. They are going to give me retro back to June 2005. Thank you everyone and especially you TBird for starting this forum. Thanks Berta, Pete and everyone for their support just too many to name.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny - this is GREAT news------

then again- almost sounds like a deal---

"She said that if I was to drop my appeals that I would be granted TDIU effective immediately. I told her to drop the appeals since the whole reasons for the appeals was to get to 100%. They are going to give me retro back to June 2005"

As long as that is the actual case- EED to 2005- I think you did very very well----

Men and women- I try not to answer the phone when my vet rep calls me- then they are forced to send me email-

nothing like hard copy-

not saying she made this up at all-Kenny-sounds like she did a good job---

but I have been told -by phone- things that were not born out by the facts- from vet reps-

• HadIt.com Elder

Kenny if you are happy that is all that matters, Congrats and hang around and help Veterans.

Congrads on the so called win, but i find it funny that the va want to make a deal with you. From my dealings with the va, that is never the case unless what you have is higher that what the want to give you. This may lead to them wanting to make a deal with you. Personally i think you may have won the case, for P& T, but it may have taken you a long time. If you know your case is strong enough for permanent and total i say go for it, but if you are happy with iu, then congrads.

marinejay

thanks to everyone and no matter what the retro I will be making a donation to this board. I will continue to add my comments for other people here also. Thanks