VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD complete, letter updated. Back pay?

Rate this question

Tdi_Yota

Question

Quick question, my appeal was approved at 100% with eed. 

After having letters updated, how long does retro pay take to hit? I have heard up to 6 months? And seen people saying as little as 2 weeks? 

Edit: this is a NOD, at my regional office.

Edit 2: my NOD was for an increase, and it was granted to 100%. Which, like I said, is reflected in my letters on ebenefits correctly at 100%. The letters updated last Thursday.

Not sure what to think. 

Thank you all for your help

Edited by Tdi_Yota

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

With it being a local decision the back pay should hit relatively quickly.  Mine was on a remand so they waited until everything was worked out on the remand and then did my back pay and it took six months.  But you never know with the VA and timing.  My case took ten years to clear vs four for yours.

Yes, congratulations.

Edited by vetquest
congrat

@vetquest

Thank you for your reply. 6 months?!

I should also mention I was a hardship flash (hence the homelessness) and when I told my congressman (he called me to check in on me) that it would take 6 months (based on some of the OLDER threads on here) he said "No way!" That much has changed in the last year or 2. 

I am not dismissing your 6 month situation, but I wonder when yours was, and also kind of depressed about another half of a year being on food stamps and brink of having my family back on the streets considering I have $2.26 to my name in cash with no assets at all