Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

support letter

Rate this question

KC3

Question

Good afternoon; I just wrote this letter on my behalf in my own words and I would like to request opinions on if I should include this letter, when I opt into RAMP(supplemental). I also have a previously submitted nexus from neurologist and additional letters from buddy's  with regards to headaches as well. Will this letter help me? I plan on having it notarized as well 

Please note that I have been on appeal since March of 2016 with my denial in April of 2015 in which a CP examiner stated SMR's absent of headaches when it in fact it's there. 

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is       and I served on active duty in the US Navy from March of 1990 to April 1997. I have previously written a statement with regards to my diagnosed migraine headaches. 

With regards to my headaches, they have increased in intensity and I have had to miss work on numerous occasions due to my headaches. I have approximately 15 headaches per month and this includes weekly prostrating (physically and emotionally exhausted; incapacitated) headaches in which I must lay down in a dark room. They can last anywhere from 1 to 2 days and cause extreme nausea and very bad fatigue after the headache is gone. I can't be exposed to light or noise.  I also keep a waste basket by the bed and must use for when I throw up due to the nausea. Up until the last 2 years I had 2 prostrating headaches per month for approximately 15 years but in the last 2 to 3 years they have increased to 4 to 5 per month.  It has affected my ability to work affecting me and my family economically to the point where I have been laid off of jobs due to missing time. It has also been noticed when I am unable to perform certain duties at work after a headache due to extreme fatigue the next day.  My family and social  time is affected as well but I fear one day my headaches might get bad enough to where employers will not hire me severely affecting me economically. 

I swear that this statement is true and correct under penalty of lying under oath.

The NP only seen me. It would have provided a positive paper trail for the claim. The facility provided me a letter saying that they do indeed dispose of records after 10 years. I have already provided the VA this letter in my appeal so perhaps I will leave that part out. 

Edited by KC3

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good letter KC3

Are service connected for any condition at this time? or is this a first time claim?

you should do as Vetquest suggested and try to get in Voc Rehab

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

KC it would help if you ask the Dr that's been treating you to state'' its  least likely as not this veteran  Headache occurred while in the military due to? and he needs to say why  in his opinion  (MOS ) or what ever caused you to start getting these headaches..> you need a nexus this to your military service.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Im opting into RAMP tomorrow afternoon. What have I got to lose? I’ve been on appeal since late March of 2016 and vet.gov says a DRO is reviewing. Going to  check out Voc rehab. I have been going to a vet center the past few months and it has been a good experience. Lot of good people there. 

No im not SC at this time but hope to get migraines SC. 

KC3, I had a thought, are you also going to mental health for treatment?  Your migraines have made it difficult to maintain a successful work history.  Is this causing any anxiety that would be secondary to the migraines?

Yes I have been diagnosed with non combat  PTSD, depression and anxiety by 2 separate outside VA system psychiatrist. When I get a prodome(signs a migraine is on the horizon) I start to panic a bit from the anticipation. With me it's burning eyes.  Never thought about the migraines causing the anxiety

Going to try to get into the VA for psych care 

Also the migraine meds like sumatriptan aka immitrex and rizatriptan cause uncomfortable side effects if I’m lucky and they knock the headache out. Small price to pay 

Edited by KC3