Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking for a psychologist ANYWHERE IN THE US to perform a DBQ - will travel

Rate this question

hellfromabove

Question

I called another 30 psychologists in my area today and none would perform it.  I have called nearly 50 in total and not making any progress.

Does anyone know of a psychologist anywhere in the states that they have used for a psychological DBQ evaluation?  I am willing to travel.  Savings are running out, and I would gladly spend $200 in gas to travel to someone rather than waste another couple of days/weeks/months trying to get someone to help me out here.

Any help, advice, or referrals would be appreciated.

Thank you

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Buck- hold down the fort------you have plenty of advocates here to help you-

I  dont have the time to argue about 38 CFR or any established VA case law-

I will read the site but I wont post replies for a while-

this offensive suggestion came to me from Mike Hunt- an hour after I found a reporter in Arkansas trying to diminish the Fayetteville malpractice problem-

I sent him the letter they are sending to 19,574 living veterans who may have been misdiagnosed ( there are 7 so far confirmed by VA and bne death has been confirmed as malpractice- I will get update later) and the two who died-(Mike Sassers widow got the letter- and they have over 5,000 letters to send to survivors----)

I willing agreed to help the lawyer firm that called me- Malpractice experts-

that will take my time up anyhow- 

The VA call center numbers are in the letter in the topics here about it-they had over 1,000 calls by 11 AM yesterday.

IF a veteran has a valid stressor that VA overlooked- I guess I can see that a private PTSD diagnosis might help them-

I suggest Mike Hunt ask for a congressional amendment to 38 CFR 38 CFR 3.304 to make that point-

But if the VA DID overlook evidence of a valid stressor and denied PTSD diagnosis on that erroneous basis-

the veteran can ask them to CUE themselves- and might not even need an IMO.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Ms berta

I would like to read a veteran award letter IF/ when he/she is awarded a PTSD  Claim from a Non VA  Dr  for a DSM IV  PTSD Diagnosis. After the year 2010 CFR 3.304

What I didn't know is that if a Veteran is denied for PTSD ) and I can only guess for whatever reasons) he/she is denied and  that denial becomes an Appeal 

then According to Alex he can use a private Doc to give a PTSD Diagnosis (Although Alex Never actually said that)  but from how I read his post  it has to mean the Veteran has to be in Appeals  to be eligble to use the Private Dr  for a PTSD Diagnoses Only.  

Now other Mental Health Problems other than PTSD ITS SELF I know they can use a private Dr  for  M.H.. diagnosis 

However  a C&P Examiner can check the box (yes) if veteran has a PTSD DSM 5 Diagnosis  and the rater not read his complete medical records when he has been diagnose for PTSD by a Private Physician.

Also the C&P  examiners now days can and will believe the veterans statment in support of their claim as for as stressors...an then again the rater fails to follow up on this.....I've seen this happen more than once and this is why some Veterans believe a private Dr can make a PTSD Diagnosis.

The rater looks on a DBQ form and it does say THE CRITERIA TO BE USED FROM THE DSM 5 Manual for making the PTSD Diagnosis.

On the first page of a  21-0960 DBQ PTSD Questionnaire 

''NOTE TO PSYCHIATRIST/PSYCHOLOGIST'' - Your patient is applying to the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for disability benefits. VA will consider the information you provide on this questionnaire as part of their evaluation in processing the veteran's claim. Please note that this questionnaire is for disability evaluation, not for treatment purposes. VA reserves the right to confirm the authenticity of ALL DBQs completed by private health care providers.''

https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960P-3-ARE.pdf

See page 4 above  of the PTSD  DBQ for the Criteria for Diagnose of DSM 5 PTSD

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta

Most hadit members realize your one of Hadit's top Adjudicators and all your information is never false on here.

Its sad to see Veterans that have used Hadit to discredit  Ms Berta in anyway shape or fashion.

I will say this, What YOU and other members like Alex and broncovet, Ms T bird and quite a few of the other members  have to advise here on hadit  they can take that to the Bank. 

I don't really care or let it bother me if a Veteran don't believe me or not,   I look at it like they can take my advise or leave it.

I realize if some my advice is not correct  it will be corrected by members such as you broncovet, Alex  ect,,ect,,,  its how I learn a lot that I never knew  and I keep it for future references.

We learn things new everyday.

I do hope Stretch Spouse is fully informed as to what to do with M.P. Suit or 1151 claims.  she deserves Everything she is entitled to on behalf of her Hubby Mike (aka Stretch)

Buck-I agree that a BVA judge or CAVC judge might well remand a PTSD  claim, with a strong IMO/IME for another C & P exam-if the stressor is proven or the vets falls under the "hostile activity " part of theregs..... or maybe they would award it then and there-and that is because the BVA and the Court reads everything they get-

unlike our illterate  ROs.

Actually I owe Mike Hunt a Big  Hug....I will be spending more time now in my hot tub, and on my beautiful decks-along with the work I am doing regarding Fayetteville- I am close to getting the doctor's name- it will be needed for SF95s.

Mike Hunt can help with  the vet questions here in my absence.