VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim: Increased, Denied and Deferred

Rate this question

Shotlife

Question

Good evening.  My claim was decided.  My rating for anxiety with depressive features at 30% and changed to PTSD at 50%.

My VSO said I should be furious at the denial for Psoriasis and Prostatic Arthritis.  We filled a NOD with DRO.  He said get ready for the long haul. 

Lastly the CUE on my shoulder was deferred.  Considering this was going back to 04/2011 and my C&P went very well I am hoping this is a good sign.  

Any insights?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Cue deferred??  Hmmm, that does not make sense.  Since CUE is supposedly based on the evidence available at the time of rating, how can they have new evidence, suggesting a deferral?  

Generally, deferral means there is something missing they are waiting on.  

Yeah- hard to know why they deferred a CUE. Maybe you got the wrong C & P exam?

https://community.hadit.com/topic/68491-spo-won-his-cue-claim/

"My VSO said I should be furious at the denial for Psoriasis and Prostatic Arthritis.  We filled a NOD with DRO.  He said get ready for the long haul. "

Why didnt he file a CUE on it- 

I helped SPO to file a Go Cue Yourself VA CUE- it should be in the above link or under a hadit search.

I been  been Very successful with that tactic- getting decisions reversed in mere weeks-

Also Allan 2005 here used this tactic as well- search here under GCY VA in the CUE forum or 

Cue in the appellate period-if he never heard of this ( I asked the VA to issue a Fast Letter on it but that was when Sec Shulkin got into some problems  and left VA)

To be honest Berta I had a really hard time apply the example to my case on the psoriasis.  I had a great word letter from my Corpsman and a "reasonable" letter from a private dermatologist. The only one in Minnesota I could even get to offer anything on it.   My corpsman's statement was filed as a lay statement.  In the decision they didn't reference either of the statements. 

Want me to upload them?

Do you have an established nexus in your Service Medical Records to the skin condition?

Can you scan and attach the decision here? Cover C file # name, address ,prior to scanning it?

To include the evidence list-
as well as the letters they ignored.
It might be a CUE unde 38 CFR 4.6 but your VSO would know that by now-

Edited by Berta

Did you claim the skin condition as secondary to something else?

Or claimed it for direct SC????

If the Corpsman treated you for a skin condition in service, that letter would be probative evidence.

If they didnt consider it, it is a CUE.