Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Claim: Increased, Denied and Deferred

Rate this question

Shotlife

Question

Good evening.  My claim was decided.  My rating for anxiety with depressive features at 30% and changed to PTSD at 50%.

My VSO said I should be furious at the denial for Psoriasis and Prostatic Arthritis.  We filled a NOD with DRO.  He said get ready for the long haul. 

Lastly the CUE on my shoulder was deferred.  Considering this was going back to 04/2011 and my C&P went very well I am hoping this is a good sign.  

Any insights?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Your VSO is right-you should be pissed  at this ,. I  consider this has a basis for a CUE-we have plenty CUE templates and info here-

BUT- if the dermatologist would be willing to write a brief IM0/IME that follows the IMO/IME criteria here at hadit- it will help your claim, if the CUE does not work-

I didn't see this"reasonable letter"  in the evidence list: or the downloads-

"I had a great word letter from my Corpsman and a "reasonable" letter from a private dermatologist."

What he stated in the document was OK but not strong enough nor in a format of wording that VA is used to but I would be cueing them up the yings yangs if I got this decision

I had the same training your VSO had- he/she can handle the CUE or come here for more info.

Clarus Dermatology is on the evidence list.  We did a DRO for not having proper consideration of the letter from the doctor or the corpsman.  Unfortunately this is all the Dermatologist was willing to provide.

It seems they only referred to the  Psoriasis and Prostatic Arthritis

as a skin condition but I assume the claim was definitely for  the exact medical condition.

There are certainly awards at the BVA for your condition:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp18/files2/1808933.txt

If  a DRO hearing or DRO conference does not alter the decision, I suggest you go to the BVA search feature for psoriasis

https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva_search.jsp?QT=Psoriasis+and+Prostatic+Arthritis&EW=&AT=granted&ET=&RPP=10&DB=2018&DB=2017&DB=2016&DB=2015&DB=2014&DB=2013&DB=2012&DB=2011&DB=2010&DB=2009&DB=2008&DB=2007&DB=2006&DB=2005&DB=2004&DB=2003&DB=2002&DB=2001&DB=2000&DB=1999&DB=1998&DB=1997&DB=1996&DB=1995&DB=1994&DB=1993&DB=1992

and narrow it down with your VARO name in the browser  or the state it is in- and you might find an IMO/IME doctor ,in any grants , there who can help you.

Sometimes IMO/IME doctors are only refered to by initial  at the BVA but even those initials, if in your state ,could be searched for under a google search of dermatologists.

Research is a pain in the butt, I know- and sometimes I researched for way over more than an hour, or two -to find info here to help vets-and give them a solid reply-I have no time these days to do much of that 

But it is often research and determination that wins claims- that is how I won my claims.