Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oregon SSD Timeline

Rate this question

green

Question

I'm a 100% P&T vet and applied for SSD the end of March.  My application is still noted as " Disability Determination Pending".  I was wondering if anyone else is in Oregon and can let me know how long it took to get an initial decision?

Thanks!

Green

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, green said:

I'm a 100% P&T vet and applied for SSD the end of March.  My application is still noted as " Disability Determination Pending".  I was wondering if anyone else is in Oregon and can let me know how long it took to get an initial decision?

Thanks!

SSA had a program that expedited disabled Veterans SSDI request.  In Kentucky, I knew at the two month mark but, had to wait a full six months per SSA requirements.  I used the expedited program too.  My SSDI claim date of submission was September 2011.

Edited by MPsgt

In Texas - I received mine without any special consideration in 2 months.

It was based on my disability, without adding the VA rating. My employment history up to the date of filing was 43 years. I believe that helped and with the criteria for my injuries. 

I've now been waiting 4 months and haven't heard a peep from Social Security or the State Disability Determination people.  I wonder what is going on?

Green

15 minutes ago, green said:

I've now been waiting 4 months and haven't heard a peep from Social Security or the State Disability Determination people.  I wonder what is going on?

That’s not unusual.  If you haven’t already, I’d create an SSA account on-line for SSDI.  I hope it comes down in your favor.  Good Luck!!

Update - it took about 6 months but I was ultimately granted Social Security Disability with 7 years until I will be reviewed.

Green

Don’t know who your state senator is but reaching out to him or her about your SSA issues and having a congressional inquiry placed on your file also gets it moving tremendously. From start to finish it took me 11 months and as a 32 year old that incredibly quick. I reached out to the senator and made sure I had it flagged as a P and veteran...