VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comp medical exam

Rate this question

Unique11128

Question

I had a comp exam PTSD/MST from a doctor who completely degraded me to the point that the Dro called and apologized to me and said" we did not send you to that doctor to be victimized again you so we are sending you out for new comp exam..does anyone know of it is possible to have that comp exam removed from my record and pending claim?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Because the DRO acknowledged and apologized, there is a good likelihood that the new exam would be given more weight and focus than the old one. Due to the way things work at the VA, it is not likely that the old exam would be removed outright.

It might be worth the time to file a complaint against the examiner. The VA OIG needs to know about things like this.

I would file a complaint too.  There is no reason you need to experience any part of your claim.  They just need to know how it affected you and what your symptoms are and how they treated you afterwards.  They don’t need any details about the incident.  

Is you Psy any good if so make an appt with her and tell her how it affected you and not sure you can emotionally go through it again.  Make sure she documents this visit then include as evidence.  I won’t go threw telling anyone about my incident I did it twice that’s enough.   If possible write it down if you can and hand it to the examiner.

you could flip out on them start crying. 

Do you have a copy of your exam if not get it.

best of luck on your claim

ruby

You can file a complaint via the White House Veteran's Hot line.

1-855-948-2311