Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Average time from BVA Conference to decision

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I had a BVA conference In Waco on 20 April 2018 for a couple of issues... anyone know the average wait time for a decision. I had read 4-89 weeks but it is well past that now... The claim has been in the system over 10 years, so I am accustomed  to the long delays,

but it seems that these last three months have been the worse..... and I have become seriously inpatient for any answer....   

again.. the data from the va doesn't help at all.... my claim appeal waits it much longer.... but similar question.... hamster wheel between bva, judge, remands, ro, and the circle goes around and around....

the years are going by years after the BVA judge hearing...

I know only the VA knows, but there must be some good news, or else by now they would have completely denied my claims and appeals. If they were going to deny me, they could have done that along time ago.. so they must be trying to rate it by now, or rate all the sperate issues.... (or they are all tied together...) The BVA Judge hearing was I believe march 2017. Then the remands came....

I tried using this site  https://www.va.gov/?next=%2Ftrack-claims%2Fyour-claims  and it was the most worthless site..... I tried signing in, actually got signed in and still got lousy info, wrong info.... just worthless..... I put off looking expecting it to be a waste, and it was even worse.. so disappointing!

This answer (average time frame) is found in the BVA Chairmans report.  YOu have to scroll down about half way through the report.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

I have read through these multiple times, but you will have to do so to get your answer.  If you like, you can even compare 2018's statistics to 2017 or 2016.  

The average time frame does not mean yours will be completed in that time.  If the average earnings in my state is 60,000 per year, this does not mean I earn 60,000 per year.