VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Average time from BVA Conference to decision

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I had a BVA conference In Waco on 20 April 2018 for a couple of issues... anyone know the average wait time for a decision. I had read 4-89 weeks but it is well past that now... The claim has been in the system over 10 years, so I am accustomed  to the long delays,

but it seems that these last three months have been the worse..... and I have become seriously inpatient for any answer....   

5 minutes ago, L said:

@Richard1954one thought - check the status of overall claims on the Monday Morning Reports.

1.Click on link

2. Look to right - click on green excel logo

3. Use tabs at the bottom of spreadsheet to view what categories... et al. 

https://www.benefits.va.gov/reports/detailed_claims_data.asp

Thanks for the input, 

While this information is useful to determine  overall claims status... it comes from the VA and  anything coming from the VA concerning claims status is sell serving and in my opinion worthless... it certainly doesn't make me feel any better about the claims backlog ..... 

Richard,, the data from the va doesn't help at all.... my claim appeal wait it much longer.... but similar question.... hamster wheel between bva, judge, remands, ro, and the circle goes around and around.... when they do this people are left to speculate on what craziness must go on behind those walls...

Edited by retiredat44

If you desire information on where your appeal is at the BVA, call 800-923-8387. they will be happy to tell you where/what stage it's in. On the same note, if you've been in the claims/appeals system for 10 years on the same subject, they usually advance you on the docket. Never ever file an appeal without nailing it down at the BVA with a Waiver of Review in the First Instance. This prevents endless remands back to your local RO for stupid mistakes on the RO's part.

It usually takes six months for the Hearing Transcript. If it wasn't advanced on the docket, expect another 16 months minimum assuming it isn't a new AMA (RAMP) appeal.

Edited by asknod

@asknod, it seems to me recently they are slowing down seriously on NOD's, remands and the like.  Are they gearing up for RAMP and neglecting legacy claims?  I have a NOD that they now say is 10 to 26 months out.  It used to be 13 months.  When I went to a DRO review five years ago it took about 90 days.  Are they punishing us for not going RAMP?

No punishment for not opting into RAMP, sir. VA is just getting horribly bogged down with new claims. Seems everyone wants to get in on the action. It's now taking me 2-3 weeks from electronic filing in Janesville to see it in VBMS. That used to be three days.

DRO reviews are a minimum of 16-18 months. I started filing my NODs I know are going up to appeal as traditional instead of wasting time on a DRO review. VA will never grant a Hep C jetgun claim at the AOJ level. Same pretty much for SMC L for LOU of the lower extremities ( for Parkinson's) if you haven't had your legs cut off physically.