VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Looking For That Unicorn

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

The odds of receiving an adequate C&P exam are about as good as my chances of spotting a unicorn.

My recent claim was for erectile dysfunction, with a deformity, secondary to service connected anxiety and depression.

Been on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds continuously for a decade.( citalopram, venlafaxine, alprazolam)

Told the examiner that I have no sex drive and this is shown in my VA treatment records, years before I filed a claim.

The examiner(female) stated on the DBQ that I requested that my penis and testicles  not be examined.

That is not true.

On the etiology section of the DBQ, the examiner stated that I have hypogonadism.

She never checked my " junk ", so how would she know if my balls have shrunk?

I've never had any diagnosis of hypogonadism.

I discussed at length my penile deformity.

None of my statements made it onto the DBQ.

I submitted two color photographs that show my penile deformity.

Asked the examiner if she would look at my photos.

She said she would.

I asked the examiner if she agreed that my penis is deformed, and she replied," Yes."

On the DBQ section for abnormalities, the examiner stated I have no deformity of the penis.

On the DBQ rationale section, the examiner opined that I was diagnosed with erectile dysfunction prior to a diagnosis for anxiety and depression therefore it is less likely as not that my ED is related to my depression, anxiety disorders.

Not true.

VA was already prescribing anti-anxiety meds  when I asked for help with ED.

My STRs(70s) show I went on sick call complaining of depression and insomnia.

Pencil whipped again.

The VA will never get better until there is transparency.

It is really shameful that vets are not allowed to record their C&P exams.

Then the shameful reality will come out, but that will be the day that I see the unicorn, frogs will fly, and money will grow on trees.

Edited by 63Charlie

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Here is your unicorn:  (But it isn't free.  There is some truth to the statement "you get what you pay for")

Call mednick and associates, pay them for a exam, and check it to make sure its favorable.  We dont have to like that, but it is not the only thing where the "pay" version is better than the "free" version.  

If a mednick Associates exam is 2000 (not sure about that), then it would pay for itself in about 20 months worth of retro, since SMC K is "about" 100 per month.  

Usually, if you can buy something and it pays for itself in a year or two, its a good idea.  

https://www.mednickassociates.com

OR, you can try another VA doc and see if you get any better results.  

I have used a neurologist that specialized in IMO's twice for medical opinions.  It was the best money I have ever spent.  In a claim for neuropathy the BVA awarded service connection solely on the neurologists expert opinion.  Without that I was stuck with unfavorable C&P's and circumstantial evidence.