Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reduction on Disability rate.

Rate this question

Ernext82nd

Question

Hy Everyone,

I got a call this past Monday letting  me know that my disability rate is been reduced. Im currently at 90%. 

70% PTSD

20% TMj

30% Migranes

20% Degenerative Disk disorder.

I was told that my anxiety is reduced to 50%, Im wondering that is my PTSD. Migraines rate is been reduced from 30% to 0. Since Monday I have been trying to contact my VSO with no luck, left lots of voicemails and nothing back yet. Im from Florida and all I know is my VSO number is 017. I got a package today with Disability Benefits Questionnaires to be filled out by Doctors. Before this happened I had appointments with my psychiatrist and Neurology but one is on September and the other one in November. The letter said to send documents back as soon as possible but I dont how much time I have before they dropped my compensation. I have been trying to contact my VSO with no luck yet. Every time I call goes straight to voicemail and always leave a message no answers yet. Can anyone is been in this situation before? I have no Idea what to do. Help please.

Ernest E. Marquez.

@Buck52 - Amen to the IMO best money I have ever spent. I do wish I had gotten an IME at the same time - for secondary issues - Hindsight ... 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes L 

experiencing with VA Claims sure helps, I was just advised to do that from a Hadit member back then and I am glad I got that advise.

Thank you so much for your answers.

The only disabilities older than five year are the TMJ and my lower back. Other two have effective dates from 2016.

Now, how do I appeal a reduction if is not in place yet? Should I get a lawyer since I havent' been able to contact my VSO?

What if by the time all the doctors that needs to fill out the paperwork take too long to see me?

Should I get a lawyer?

My illness are getting worst not better. I have no clue what are they reducing, what are they basing on?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You don't need a lawyer,, just fill out a nod that says you disagree. It doesnt need to be that detailed yet you just want to stop the clock. Then go about getting your evidence and building your case. You should get a letter saying g what they are reducing and on what basis.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, Ernext82nd said:

Hy Everyone,

I got a call this past Monday letting  me know that my disability rate is been reduced. Im currently at 90%. 

70% PTSD

20% TMj

30% Migranes

20% Degenerative Disk disorder.

I was told that my anxiety is reduced to 50%, Im wondering that is my PTSD. Migraines rate is been reduced from 30% to 0. Since Monday I have been trying to contact my VSO with no luck, left lots of voicemails and nothing back yet. Im from Florida and all I know is my VSO number is 017. I got a package today with Disability Benefits Questionnaires to be filled out by Doctors. Before this happened I had appointments with my psychiatrist and Neurology but one is on September and the other one in November. The letter said to send documents back as soon as possible but I dont how much time I have before they dropped my compensation. I have been trying to contact my VSO with no luck yet. Every time I call goes straight to voicemail and always leave a message no answers yet. Can anyone is been in this situation before? I have no Idea what to do. Help please.

Ernest E. Marquez.

If you didn't get an envelope how did you find out what they are proposing to reduce?  This seems very odd.  St. Pete is so screwed up but I at least get the envelopes.  I have never heard of this being done over a phone call. 

Edited by seminoles

23 hours ago, seminoles said:

If you didn't get an envelope how did you find out what they are proposing to reduce?  This seems very odd.  St. Pete is so screwed up but I at least get the envelopes.  I have never heard of this being done over a phone call. 

I did say I received a package with 3 Disability Benefits Questionnaires but not any form to appeal. How do I appeal for it.

Thanks