Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent SSDI award evidence for TDIU?

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

Just awarded SSDI at age 62, had SC at 70% for eight years.  Would the SSDI award be added evidence for a TDIU claim?  Concerned about trying, do not want rating lowered just because it got run through the system and reviewed. 

I received SSDI -  within 2 months of applying....  then subsequently IU,  with not as much effort because... my disability was based on my  SC - disability. Age 56 - 

I just have one thought - check your SSA.gov account - you may have been better off taking regular SS - since it is paid at a higher rate than the SSDI... 

My SSDI is $1888- My regular SS at age 66 would have been $2366 ... 

create an account online and it will give you an immediate answer. 

10 hours ago, L said:

my disability was based on my  SC - disability. Age 56 - 

I just have one thought - check your SSA.gov account - you may have been better off taking regular SS - since it is paid at a higher rate than the SSDI... 

My SSDI is $1888- My regular SS at age 66 would have been $2366 ... 

But aren't you receiving SSDI 10 years before you would be eligible for regular SS. You have already received $188,800 by the time you are ready for regular SS.

testing my signature

16 hours ago, broncovet said:

The Board would have to give an adequate "reasons and bases" as to why they denied you tdiu if you are getting SSDI....especially if SSDI awarded benefits based on conditions which are service connected.  

I think they would have to think up a "whopper" of reasons and bases as to how you somehow met the criteria for SSDI with SC conditions, yet did not meet the VA's critieria for TDIU.  Possible, but unlikely.  

I do believe it is safe to say if a Veteran shows they have had many jobs, or currently were terminated due to SC...That...Along with a VR Feasibility Letter is guaranteed. I say this as GSTONE a member here guided me. And so far he has helped 8 Veterans to get the VR Feasibility Letter and all 8 including me were approved TDIU. To me that is proof in the puddin. LOL