Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI rating without a C&P?

Rate this question

RMurr

Question

I have been reading this form for about two months now and I’m hoping you may be able to give me some insight. I submitted an application for compensation in January 2018 for injuries I received in a long time ago.

Here is a bit of the back ground. When I got out of the service in 1995 I thought I was applying for benefits, turns out it was only the Gulf war registry.  I’m not trying to make an excuse for why I didn’t apply earlier, just telling you what happened. I was in a head on car crash in panama, hit by a drunk driver.  I was out for 15-30 min, then spent 4 days in the hospital. The Va sent me for a C&P 3 weeks ago for adjustment disorder with anxiety, The DR. is the one who told me I was in the hospital for 4 days. I only knew what my ex-wife told me. After an hour doing the exam the DR. made a call to QTC and was requesting that I have a cognitive exam done, of course they said no, it wasn’t being asked for.

1.      Should I be getting another C&P for TBI? I did submit my neurologist reports that said all my condition i.e. short term memory problems, migraines and emotional problems were a direct result of the accident, and I have the LOD report. along with the list of my meds i'm on.

2.      Or will they just use what in my file and the C&P and render a decision?

I do have a few other items I’m claiming, but I will post them in the correct forum.

Thanks for any help you can give.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This looks like a winner to me.  He even noted side effects of your medication for headaches which seems to be pretty rare.  He affirmed you TBI and noted all side effects of migraine, memory and emotional.  Buck or Broncovet will be along and have even better advice.