Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

not a Q but a STATEMENT about the power of an IMO/IME

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

im currently writing my award time frame and my success story for this Great Veterans Blog Information site.

but, in the mean time i want to stress and admit that all the others here stressed to me ,,,, if you get any type of small retro and believe your going further in your VA quest for benefits you deserve. please please,,, do your self a favor and save $2,500 and get an IMO/IME... it is the world of difference... if i can say that 1 of the 5 most important things ive learned here on this site is,,, the importance of realizing that a C and P exam will never get you there no matter your evidence. please take this advice and save up to get your imo/ime and then get your win from the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquid Quoted

''Another example of  the problem is that in the "notes" section I see under Blue Button, the PCP has made statements that are patently false. She has written after my appointment, that I refused certain things. Things that never came up in our conversation. The intake nurse at the local clinic did the same thing.''

Make yourself a couple of copies of these notes and go to this Dr ..even if you have to wait ..if you don't have a scheduled appointment do a walk in and wait to see the Dr   you don't have to tell the clinic clerk what you need to see the Dr about..once you get in to see this Dr..ask her/him why he/she said these things  and show the Dr the notes..that can and should do a Addendum//or Amend as to what what truly said  if your Dr refuses to?

Go check with the Hospital Director  if he/she is no help let them know you will be calling the OIG. or even the Washington Hotline.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

6 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Go check with the Hospital Director  if he/she is no help let them know you will be calling the OIG. or even the Washington Hotline

This is probably the only path open. I am literally making daily downloads of the notes section, at least when the site works, as that is the only way I know when she has made new comments or statements. Funny thing though, I know she knows how to send a secure message, as she has finally sent one, and its contents are not in the notes section.

I can see someone reading their notes, forming their response next to it and then copying it to a secure message. That has a logic and a viable functionality to it. Leaving the info in the notes is a choice that I am not sure makes sense but is generally  harmless.

What I cannot see or understand is someone who swears they sent a secure message in the system but only wrote it in the notes section. The VA Secure Message system is what is called an "ensured delivery system". Without getting deep into the tech details, a message sent by the system is guaranteed to be delivered the next time the recipient logs into their own secure inbox.

The system specs, oddly available if you know where to look, demonstrate that it is stand alone package that is "bolted onto" the VBMS system and others inside the VA domain.

The coding to make a message  be sent inline in the notes section is both obscene and wildly expensive to create. It also has to encrypt the notes with the same keys used in the secure mail system and that functionally means that every system secure mail intersects with has those same keys. That would be a massive security hole that DoD and VA regulations would not allow. It would literally break ISO and COMSPEC requirements.

To take it out of geekdom, the reality is that each single entry in the notes section, literally every one of them, would have to be stored and tracked as a unique message. The problem with this is that each location that has write access to VBMS notes would have to maintain a live index of every message to every person whose in the data system and those would have to be live at every area that houses VBMS terminals. The cloud is one thing but this alone would dwarf Amazon and Microsoft and Cloud Flare clouds combined.

Picture that amount of data and live indexes. over a billion unique messages per day are likely indexed live in what amounts to more than 1000 locations in the U.S. and possibly others outside the U.S. which would be another security issue.

I know that is more geek than most want to handle, sorry.

I appreciate the input and suggestions.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is your Appointed PCP Correct?

Most of the PCP's that I experience do say things that was not mention during the time of the scheduled appointment in their reports ''notes'' if its not anything about your healthcare  then I would not get involved with it...however if it is about your healthcare and it was not mention to you at the time of your appointment   then yes definitely  make copies of these VA Notes  off from your Myhealthvet Internet Account.

Make at least 2 copies  and hi-lite what was not mention/said during your Appointment and  show this to your PCP (The  PCP from your Appointment at that time and date) and not a substitute....I have had to do this 2 times with different VA Care providers.

I have never had a PCP tell me they didn't say that ect,,ect,,....actually they can't if you show them the notes as to what they wrote up.

I even said to one PCP why did you say theses things in your report? You do write up things about my healthcare check up and about what your exam will show from this exam and my Blood Labs Correct?  Yes that's correct...I gentily pull out my notes I had copied..and show them....that puts them on the spot and the onlt thing that can do is make a Addendum  They can't take away what they wrote but they can correct it.

If this Dr sill says she did not say that , you have proof and obviously she/he did say that.....if she will not say or correct it just be nice and say ok then I will be filing a complaint with the Hospital Director  which I hope I would not have to do..but I am going to get this corrected one way or the other   be-careful not to make a threat to the Dr. or be Rude.  Always be nice and smile. 

Note: You can try one of the VA Veterans Advocates  but I personally never had any help from them.  they will tell you they will get it straighten out  you wait a couple weeks and nothing as change in your notes...at least that's from my experience.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

''This is probably the only path open. I am literally making daily downloads of the notes section, at least when the site works, as that is the only way I know when she has made new comments or statements. Funny thing though, I know she knows how to send a secure message, as she has finally sent one, and its contents are not in the notes section''.

..........................................Secure Message...............................................

No, The Secured messages will never be in the Progress Notes...the secured Message is just that  ''Secure'' and you will only find it in secure message.

Any time your Dr sends you a secure message  it stays in there until you delete it and vise versa..  you can also make copies of your secure messages .

I never delete anything if I can help it, if I do I make a quick copy of it and put it in an organized folder  but after a year or two they may be automatically deleted or  from lack of activity. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I wanted to mention the the OP this. (paulcolrain)

I apologize to you sir ,I never intentionally Hi-jack your post   some times these things happen and we get away from the original post.

24 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I wanted to mention the the OP this. (paulcolrain)

I apologize to you sir ,I never intentionally Hi-jack your post   some times these things happen and we get away from the original post.

yikes.

@paulcolrain

I too apologize, it was not intentional and I did not realize it was happening until Buck52 posted that.

mea culpa