Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RAMP policy ?

Rate this question

KC3

Question

Good evening I just got out of my psychiatrist and we had a discussion about RAMP. He says you forfeit all back pay the day you enter and I swear I read you are entitled to the “same potential effective date” twice in the RAMP letter I was sent. 

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am not sure what your psychiatrist is referring too, I recently filed a NOD for an earlier effective date and shortly after filing the NOD I sent in the request form for RAMP. I am not sure why filing RAMP would affect your effective date. My understanding of RAMP is that it only puts the NOD on a faster track than without filing for RAMP.

If someone else has some information to the contrary please share it. 

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

Well, this is my opinion on this: 

Doctors should not practice as a Veterans Service Rep, and Vet service reps should not practice medicine.  Both are "out of their element".  

Instead, I suggest you get your information from a bit more credible source.  On the issues of Psychiatry, consult your psychiatrist.  However, on Veterans benefit issues, consult with those experienced in that field.  

Probably the most experienced with this is, perhaps CCK law, who has studied RAMP in depth and has represented many Veterans in this regard.  They have some things to say about Ramp, and their opinion would "trump" those of your psychiatrist, IMHO, on matters of Vets benefits.  On the other hand, CCK law would not be good at diagnosing or treating mental illnesses.  

CCK has many utubes on RAMP, as do a few other credible law firms.  

There is no regulation currently in place that says you lose your effective date by opting into RAMP.  

• HadIt.com Elder

CHECK OUT THIS LINK FROM 

''Woods & Woods Law Firm LLC''

https://www.woodslawyers.com/join-rapid-appeals-modernization-program-ramp/

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Good idea, Buck.  I do think, however, the Woods and Woods link you posted is a bit out of date.  Nobody knew, including law firms, the full effects of RAMP, and many simply avioded using it.  More recently, a few law firms have had the experience of their clients actual results with RAMP, and many have changed their position on RAMP.  

I have watched 3 Utube videos from CCK about RAMP.  I do like their opinion better as it seems more up to date, and includes CCK's experience with at least a few Veterans with RAMP.    I value the opinion of someone who has done it before more than someone who has not done it, but thinks this is how it could happen.  

CCK has 8 pages of links to RAMP utube videos:  Im not pluging CCK law, but I do think they have done a great job of utube videos for Vets on RAMP..dozens of them.  

https://cck-law.com/?s=RAMP

Stupid me then i guess. I should have began by saying the psychiatrist's business is 75% veterans  and that he has helped many many many many many veterans receive the PTSD benefits that they deserve and will go to bat for you.  He is very reputable. 

I guess I should have said " I heard from a guy" instead of a psychiatrist.