Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ambulance company refuses to bill VA, sics collections on me.

Martin K.

Martin,

The guys on this thread are trying to tell the person how to avoid an ambulance bill.  As a vet who has Tricare you go through the same experience with private insurance.  You have to call a nurse and get approval for an ambulance.  I know this is exactly the opposite of what you would expect but private care is not that much different to VA care in that respect.  I have been to VA emergency rooms and it is not fun, I was lying on the floor in my own vomit as the front desk clerk was telling my wife the veteran had to check himself in before being seen.

These guys on this board are veterans doing the best they know how. 

A few years after I quit working as an RN in the VA Medical ICU I worked as an RN authorizing care at Tricare for the Navy (retired and active) in San Diego. Tricare does NOT require you to get an OK before calling 911. If somebody told you that he was a liar.

The VA clinic gave me this lifealert gizmo for real emergencies like me waking up with chest pain.I used it like I was told because I had bad chest pain. So all this twaddle you people are spouting is just plain old ignorant noise from people who don't know what they are talking about. The bottom line remains that these clowns are interfering with timely care for sick vets out of their cheapskate greed. Maybe YOU don't see that, but it's clear enough when they pull that crap with me.

I came here asking where to take my problem because these Virginia scumbags running AMR ambulance are imposing a barrier to care for California vets out of their own swinish, asinine greed. One reason I know that is they insist on only talking to customer no-service so they don't leave a document trail - shifty-eyed weasels that they are.

Now I am turning off the switch to notify me of these useless, ignorant  GOMER replies. I came here expecting some helpful suggestions. Unfortunately that ain't happening lately. I reckon I need to go to the VFW service office, Senator Feinstein and Congressman Brown with this because these bozos are a danger to every disabled vet in California who isn't living off a lifer's pension.

Have a nice day fellas.

You may be eligible for Medicaid. I would go to your local Social Services office and apply. Bring all your unpaid medical bills, including the AMR bill. If you qualify, these bills may be paid by Medicaid. While you're at it, apply for energy assistance and SNAP.

Unless you can show good cause for not notifying the VA about the AMR service within the allotted time period, I doubt you will have any luck that the VA picks up the tab.

US Army 1992-1998
MOS 12B
B Co 31st En Bn Ft. Leonardwood, MO Oct. 1992 - Jan. 1993 OSUT (Basic/AIT)
C Co 16th En Bn Erlangen, Germany Jan. - Dec. 1993 / Bamberg, Germany Dec. 1993 - Feb. 1995 / Lucky Base, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia Aug. - Dec, 1993
19th Repl. Co Ft. Bragg, NC Feb. 1995 - Apr. 1996 R&U
B Co 82nd En Bn Bamberg, Germany Apr. 1996 - May 1998 / Camp McGovern, Brcko, Bosnia Mar. - Nov. 1997 / DMOS 62J Jan. 1997 - May 1998

• HadIt.com Elder
7 hours ago, Martin K. said:

Speaking as a service-connected disabled vet AND a retired RN with two years service in a VA Medical ICU the replies in this thread are a load of hogwash that has and will cost VA patients their lives by delaying critical care to deserving vets.

SOME day you people will be (a) too poor and (b) to sick to do that damned tap dance that you talk about so damned blithely. THEN I hope you don't get chest pain and have to wonder whether to call the damn ambulance or pay the rent....AS I DID.  AND AS OTHER VETS HAVE (AND WILL) BUT NOT GET TO THE E.R. IN TIME.

Now I have to go find someone who will help  sick old vets in California deal with these Virginia asshats who don't actually give a fart about putting deserving vets at risk of delayed critical ambulance services because of their wretched, putrid sloth and greed.

Thanks a bunch, G.I.

Martin k

If all these ''thread are a load of hogwash that has and will cost VA patients their lives by delaying critical care to deserving vets.''

I would be dead by now  But I am still kicking..

.and the information we get on this site is a God SEND to thousands of Veterans that come here for help on anything VA Related, rather its to help them with their Claims or Private  Medical ER Help from their respected community and how to get VA to pay the Bill that occurred during a Private  Medical Emergency that the Veteran had to use . here is some of VA Policy's on this

https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/programs/veterans/Emergency_Care.asp

''These thread are a load of hogwash that has and will cost VA patients their lives by delaying critical care to deserving vets.''

I suggest you read the link above thoroughly  not one thing in the above threads is Hogwash

If you don't like what you read here your more than welcome to move on to another site.

if you can with hold your smart remarks  your certainly welcome to stay.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!