Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU C and P based on 70 % Major Depression

Rate this question

NavyGirl

Question

Hello Guys and Girls any insight would help  Psych evaluated me and checked all symptoms that apply to veteran diagnoses which are ... depressed mood,Anxiety,Chronic Sleep Impairment, Flatten Affect, Disturbances of motivation and mood,Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships,Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances including work or a work like setting,Suicidal ideation,and Impaired Impluse control,such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence . Do I stand a chance of getting approved fo IU???

Edited by NavyGirl
wasn't complete

4 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, NavyGirl said:

Hello Guys and Girls any insight would help  Psych evaluated me and checked all symptoms that apply to veteran diagnoses which are ... depressed mood,Anxiety,Chronic Sleep Impairment, Flatten Affect, Disturbances of motivation and mood,Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships,Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances including work or a work like setting,Suicidal ideation,and Impaired Impluse control,such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence . Do I stand a chance of getting approved fo IU???

Go to VA. Gov

search: 38 CFR Book C, sec. 4.125-4.130 

On 11/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, NavyGirl said:

If you are rated at 70% you can apply for IU if the evidence shows that your SC condition keeps you from "gainful employment". Meaning it keeps you from staying employed or won't allow you to be promoted. If you can't keep a job for more than 6 months or you miss alot of work because of your disability. IU may be granted.

I concur with MPsgt, take a look at the regs, but also take a look at what a veteran-friendly law firm says and what the va says and research if you meet IU requirements.

https://www.hillandponton.com/unemployability-iu-guide/

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/special-claims/unemployability/

Unfortunately, the burden falls on us veterans to educate ourselves and do the heavy lifting for the VBA ratings schedulers. But, the good thing is that you are not alone in this process you have fellow vets to help lessen that burden. Don't give up, and never give in. 

Best wishes.

• HadIt.com Elder

It looks like maybe a 70% rating from your symptoms.& possibly 100% just have to wait and see.??

Being you have a DX for CSI (Chronic sleep impairment) file a OSA Claim.

if you use a medical needed C-Pap machine thats a 50% rating  file it secondary to your PTSD/Medications.  get a Dr to help you and give his opinion on the Chronic Sleep Impairment.

Also if this condition (PTSD) keeps you from any type of employment and keeps you from making under the 12.000/'14000 year income   you need to file for the IU  They don't just give it to you,.

now if you 

HAD THIS CONDITION S.C. AND RATED BEFORE AND THIS IS A CLAIM FOR INCREASE  and you are awarded S.C. 70% PTSD  They possibly could infer the IU BUT THEY DON'T USUALLY DO THIS....>  SO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR IT OR IN YOUR CLAIM LET THEM KNOW YOU CAN'T WORK BECAUSE OF YOUR S.C. PTSD ...YOU NEED THE APPROPRIATE MEDICAL DOCUMENTION AS EVIDENCE TO HELP SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIM. b./c they simply won't take your word for it.

IT WOULD HELP YOU TO GET IN VOC-REHAB and see if they can find you any type job you can do?  if they can't   then the councilor will usually write you a letter stating your not feasible to retain at this time due to your s.c. disability. you can use this letter as evidence to help you win an IU AWARD.

https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/17608/individual-unemployability-understanding-basics/

Edited by Buck52