Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4300 VA Employees Fired

Rate this question

Oceanbound

Question

4,300 VA Employees Fired, Demoted, or Suspended for Negligence Under Trump

WASHINGTON—Some 4,300 Veterans Affairs (VA) workers have been demoted, fired, or suspended since President Donald Trump took office, Vice President Mike Pence told a room of veterans caregivers on Nov. 26.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/4300-va-workers-fired-demoted-suspended-for-negligence-under-trump_2724418.html

Good!

45 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

first and foremost I want to be clear, everyone has a right to their opinion and I respect that. That said, I fail to see how firing cooks and plumbers helps improve care and claims process for Veterans.

This shows how the government can make numbers sound better than they really are.

Hopefully in the future the VA terminates the correct group of people, I am not saying these others did not deserve to be terminated. When they report their numbers they need to be more upfront, especially when giving speeches! JMO

Edited by paulstrgn

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

10 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

I am not saying these others did not deserve to be terminated. When they report their numbers they need to be more upfront, especially when giving speeches!

100% agree. What chaps my hide about Americans as a group is that we find it difficult to dive into the numbers, data, facts, history etc of any statement or claim we agree with or even disagree with. Collectively we just don't do it and don't hold our reps at all levels accountable for any crap they spew.

This is not partisan, it happens in all parties, that we have a current administration that has a proud affinity to 'alternative facts' is not the point.

I know it's difficult to set aside our own instinctive or automatic viewpoints, but as adults we really (IMO) need to put forth more energy and effort to demand that the underlying raw data be revealed and that media and supporters/opponents stick to the facts instead of trying to spin the data for their own agenda. 

I freely admit I have biases on most issues, and would certainly love to find out that 4300 VA employees who have harmed veterans were fired and some even arrested for criminal negligence. These reports however don't reveal that situation. Instead 3/4's of the people affected were not medical people who harmed vets or claims people who screwed over vets.

They are cooks and housekeepers and clerks and va cops and gardeners, and wall painters. There is a boiler operator listed....what did s/he do to veterans that warranted being reported? was it too cold in the building one day? what? it makes no sense.

maybe i am tilting at windmills but I insist that people who offer up opinions base them on the facts instead of nebulous speeches and political spin they happen to like. This is on any side of the equation and every viewpoint. just show the actual facts and explain how they support your opinion. I might still disagree but at least it will be clear you are grounding your opinion in the facts and not in some opaque agenda or fit of pique.