Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time for C&P examiner to send results??

Rate this question

Johhny_Drama

Question

Hello to all,

I had my C&P Examiners (4 exams and 3 doctors) for my 2 exams from 2 different doctors, they apparently sent in the exams and the VA has this. GREAT! but for the 2 other exams from the 1 Doctor did not send in anything as of 29nov. I had my exams on 20NOV at a VA Medical facility and the examiner said ok, I will make sure to send everything and said its all electronic. I know holidays was coming in 2 days but still, the others sent their reports in. He did not.

I had a sleep apnea and IBS issues. I made sure to bring copies of the sleep study and he found the information he needed off for his report however he did not keep anything. I made sure to upload them all to Ebenefits regardless so they have this. My question is do the examiners from your C&P exams have a deadline to send this in? This guy came off a real class a ******* but to each their own. I just expect him to take my report, type his report and submit. My one buddy who went 2 months ago had his c&p exams and within 3 weeks to maybe a month later his was resolved increased rating etc. Anyone have similar issues please let me know.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 minute ago, Buck52 said:

this can come back and bite you in the old assperrello

I totally understand your point, but it is the audiologists report I want.

The Otolaryngoloist (sp?) is the less than adequate examiner.

since the only actions or physical exam he did was to look in my ears and up my nose there is not much there to complain about without getting the actual exam request sheet from the VA. I don't know for a fact what he was actually supposed to be doing, and neither did he apparently. Asking for just the exam request sheet without the full package being in the VBMS is a waste of time and I would just have to do it again for the rest of the stuff.

as Chris Attig points out the sheet, the docs notes and the DBQ need to all align closely.

however his opinion of my hearing test is relevant. He stated that I was effectively deaf and should have hearing aids. I informed him of the previous overlooked enlistments and the problem with SC they caused.  I want his opinion on the hearing issue along with the audiologists report and Maryland CNC results.

His opinion of my hearing won't negatively affect the VHA docs investigation into my Vertigo and will not ultimately negatively affect my claim for vertigo. I know my canals are always clean and show no signs of a physical trauma at the visible areas. This is born out in other exams of my ears. The likely causes of my vertigo will have to be found on an MRI or CAT scan or they may conclude Menieres or some other disease.

I am aware that a review in the future might raise issue but until I can document what the VA actually requested he do, I am not sure narc'ing him out for incompetence does me any favor and until I know he was supposed to do something besides what they asked I will probably remain silent.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, Berta said:

PS- I filed an IRIS complaint a few days ago-because I had requested a copy of the atual C & P exam they had done to deny a 1151 HBP claim I had.Using 38 CFR 4.6, I filed CUE and they awarded in less than a month-

Regardless of the fact that they awarded, I have a CUE pending on the award.

In early Sept 800# said they had my request  for the C & P and confirmed the batch of CUE claims I had recently filed on 2 award letters, ( I love CUE claims)- then a few weeks ago 800# said they never received the C & P copy request ( I still have proof of their receipt of it) ----

It is primarily the C & P exam that will deny most claims.

If the exam is erroneous in any way, you must take action to correct it.

I do not believe a "medical" person at VA did this C & P exam. I guess that sounds like VAOLA paranoia- however- after decades of dealing with them, Nothing would surprise me.

BYthe way the did list my evidence in the denial letter- but apparently they might have withheld it from the examiner ( they did that to me twice before) or maybe the 'examiner' could not read.

My evidence came from the same VA Cardio expert who supported my FTCA case.That case was denied at first, but I called VACO and OGC  right away and found out my RO had sent them all of the files , but had removed the most probative evidence when they sent it. 

A supportve Peer Review they did here in NY for th FTCA 'disappeared' and OLMA-VA (Office of Legal Medical VA) told me it had "never" existed. Years later I found it at the bottom of my C file.Used  it for my AO IHD award.

My long point here is that if all C & P doctors gave us a fair shake and actually read our evidence and medical records well, they would probably be intimidated by VA,or the contracting firm they work for , to do a "better "Job by  making  sure most of their  exams favor the VA and the results will deny the claim.

Thank you for the responses and taking to time to help out. I appreciate it.

This whole dealing with the VA has been a huge learning adventure for sure. Biggest thing I have learned is they do not work with common sense. You can not assume anything as they are not looking at your files/reports the same as we are. I have 30 percent for feet issues/plantar fasciitis that goes back to basic. I was told my arches caved in and it dragged on the concrete floor.  After podiatrist apts, a surgery and thinking ok this is a easy claim, they denied a increase simply because I needed to show them that the podiatrist recommends or has prescribed inserts. Same deal with headaches/migraines. I have them, a lot. After reading the denial it says I need to have them often and pretty much be prescribed some sort of medication to control my headaches. Although it ticks me off that this all took 2 to 3 years from claim to appeal to deny, I at least read the denial reasoning and now I know that I need my podiatrist to specifically write out and prescribe inserts and that i have to wear certain foot wear that i can not stand etc for however much of time. I will get my other doctor to follow what the denial said that is needed for my headaches. Then send in a new claim with new medical records and hope it will suffice. I surely will not give up.

As for the CP Exams at the VAMC i can call them i suppose. I was told by the VA 800# that they did recv the exam information back however they are waiting on the last 2 from the same doc and they reached out to that person and his assistant said he was working several at the same time so he would be sending it in shortly. We will see. I don't get the whole let things pile up and make us all wait a month but apparently that is how he works. I know from past cp exams, I would take the exams and within 2-3 weeks I saw the increase and close out so I am hopeful that once the exams are sent in, they will work it. I asked if they would just work what they had and give a decision on those but they said they will wait for the last pieces of the other issues.

21 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I am not  so sure how adequate/ accurate the exam will be without having all evidence presented at the exam?

if I was you I would have ask to see the records this examiner had at the exam?

if he /she don't like to use a computer...there should be records of evidence for him to read, now some examiners will read the evidence before the exam and just make notations if he needs a question to be answered from you.

I would contact the C&P VA Chief and let them know this examiner don't like computers ??

with everything now on VBSM  I would say you had an Inadequate Exam..especially if the examiner failed to read all the medical records to help substantiate your claim.

I am not sure if this is in response to me or someone else. Pretty new here. The examiner was on his computer and was asking me questions and typing in stuff. He would take my letters/doc notes/results and type in stuff but he didn't take copies. I uploaded this all on my ebens anyways and he said he would send over my exam results electronic and acted as though that day. He has not as of yet and I was told that the VA did reach him and he was working several together and it should be sent shortly. That is all I know and they pretty much answered my question as they would like to have the exams back within 2 weeks or they will start asking for this from the examiners. I was happy to know that they did reach out to the examiner. I did ask for a record of my c p exams and they said this was not available. Use to be but they were not helpful in me obtaining these.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, GeekySquid said:

i am not sure there is a specific time deadline to submit the reports but it there is 9 calendar days is not going to be it.

i am curious if you looked under your Blue Button? you don't specifically say how you know the docs submitted or didn't submit.

C&Ps done by VA at VAMC, as opposed to by outside contractors at outside locations, should appear under Blue Button on Healthy Vet. This should happen 3 days after the report is submitted/entry made in VBMS

IF you have not done so, perform  a custom date range search about 10 days before your exam until today. make sure NOTES is selected. in fact just get everything from that range of dates.

I was told they removed this option that you can not get a copy of your c and p exams off healthy vet. When i called the 800# they told me that they got exams in from the 2 other docs and waiting on the last one. That is how I know as they are the ones that told me. I have not contacted anyone else.

17 minutes ago, Johhny_Drama said:

I am not sure if this is in response to me or someone else.

my apologies, we accidentally sidetracked your thread for a minute. It was not intentional. That response was to one of my posts

16 minutes ago, Johhny_Drama said:

was told they removed this option that you can not get a copy of your c and p exams off healthy vet

they might have. The way it was working was a C&P done at the VARO by a VA doc would be in Healthy VEt in about 3 days. C&P's done by outside contractors like QTC or VES never appeared under Blue Button. We have always had to get those from the VARO Records Office or through Janesville from our C-File.

either way, my apologies again for the accidental sidetracking of your thread.

2 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

my apologies, we accidentally sidetracked your thread for a minute. It was not intentional. That response was to one of my posts

they might have. The way it was working was a C&P done at the VARO by a VA doc would be in Healthy VEt in about 3 days. C&P's done by outside contractors like QTC or VES never appeared under Blue Button. We have always had to get those from the VARO Records Office or through Janesville from our C-File.

either way, my apologies again for the accidental sidetracking of your thread.

No worries at all. I appreciate everyone taking the time to add input. I know the first C&P exams were done by a contractor company called LHI I believe that was the name. Anyways I did not ask for the results as I just figured it would take several months and one day i noticed a large deposit and sure enough they approved my one claim. That is the only reason I checked and looked at eben online. It was maybe 3-4 weeks max from the time I took my exams to obtaining results etc. Fast .. I am not holding my breath just because of one fast movement. I just hope they come up with what they come up with and if I am denied, I will read why and use that to obtain what is needed and of course consult with a lawyer to help as this can be time consuming and draining with just going back to the docs to get everything in line and then submitting and waiting again and i will say this, they will owe a nice chunk of back pay for a few denied claims/appeals if they ever get approved.