VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal granted and closed.

Rate this question

Renegade87

Question

My appeal was granted and closed on November 9.  I got an unofficial notification from the DAV on November 15 stating "appeal granted with an evaluation of 30%" which is great!  My question is this:  How long until I get the official notification from the va? Nothing on ebennies has updated since the appeal closed. Appeal is now in historical and just says complete and at originating va office. I understand no one knows va timelines to a tee but a general timeline would be great.  Thank you all! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Edit:  This was my first time appealing and it was a VBA grant. 

Edited by Renegade87

6 answers to this question

Go back to the DAV and ask them to print a copy of the decision for you.  It should be available by now.  I am assuming your address is updated with the VA correct?  Congrats!

My claim was partially resolved today as well. They had it pending notification. I saw the increase and items listed but one says defer and status back to gathering evidence. I called VA they said the others are settled and there’s a rate increase one though is still be reviewed. It’s weird. But 800 couldn’t give more details so my question is when will I see the backpay again no answer. Best bet is calling your service rep and seeing what they know. 

Congrats on the increase. Just sounds like you’re waiting on final docs but you see the increase rating. 

You will receive the big brown envelope soon I would imagine and that will answer everything that you Ebenefits didn't. Yours is now marked closed. Mine is still open why it reviews one of the 4 claim items, however they were nice enough to rate the ones they could and award something now as they work on the last item. I called 800 peggy and ofcourse the packet is being mailed today and no news on when to expect direct deposit. Could be worse.