VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused Not100% but get ChampVA

Rate this question

Poopsy Woopsy

Question

I am at my witts end with confusion!! I have been denied "Accrued benefits" which should have come AFTER getting 100%. because

of IU or TDIU.

If I get ChampVA (I just read you have to be at 100% to receive it) why then wouldnt I have been awarded "Accrued benefits for ALL the 

time we were waiting on these claims to be done.

How am I not getting 100% for allotment amount and accrued benefits for back pay on pending claims.. 

They said 1: they went off an old SSI claim which was way before all his medical trouble..which Should and could also be connected to his 70% PTSD. 

I dont know how to make the Old SSI irrelevant or not count towards his claims.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Poopsy,

with your hubby claim being under continued prosecution,   you maybe better off to Hire an Experience Attorney, or VA Accredited/Certified Claims Agent, they have access to the a VBMS((Veterans Benefits Managing System) you will still need your hubby updated C-File   there in CD Format now and is very easy to find things,  just slip it in your computer  use acrobat pro reader program...

You might email Alex Graham he is a VA Certified Accredited Claims Agent  and a Darn good one,   he is pretty busy  but if he can take your case   he would do all he could to get you all your hubby and yourself deserve.  Alex is also a Elder Hadit Member.

Thanks Buck

I just got of the phone with Social Security (I was on hold for 1hour and 45 minutes) and ultimately all I got was an appt here locally which is ok because they will give me copies if needed.. I think what is happening is they are lumping two stints of Social Security together, and then using that to deny his TDIU. The first one was several years back and we received it while waiting on Don's back surgery!! Then when Don was deemed to not be left alone a few years before his passing. I had to give up working and take care of him,, We had no income and no way to figure out "Help" That was of course after we streched an inheritance out beyond recognition. (It would have been used for the down payment of a home) We had to get Social Security to be able to live, and I at least found out at that point from the phone conversation that they deemed him "disabled" for his lungs just before his death.  Not for is back!  I think they are lumping the two together, and thus saying he was already in a "Disabled" situation. It was "Purely" needs basis and the earlier one (the only one that should reflect anything on his claim) wasn't declared a "Disability.  This info is not pertinent for you! But helps to get it out!!

What is "Continued prosecution"   mean???

Is Alex Graham a lawyer? Where is he located?

Thanks for all your help! By the way. How are you doing?

P.S. How long should you wait on your C-file before you file a "duty to assist", I think it's called.. I have made two phone calls and they havent even sent the letter stating they are working on it. 

Edited by Poopsy Woopsy