VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More likley than not

Rate this question

lp1067

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually you need to be  denied to file an Appeal.

As for as a Dr  saying likely as not ...it really don't have any clout to that if you do not have any medical records or notes from Sleep Apnea /OSA While in the military to document what your claiming for service connection.

If you have a service connected condition that could be related to OSA by VA Medications (PTSD/Depression ) Sleep Apnea this would be a secondary condition  and they do S.C. these  to OSA  This is where the ''Likely as not''  will Help in a secondary claim   ...especially when you don't have any Documents/records to substantiate your OSA Claim.

Also:

If you were denied for OSA/Sleep Apnea Claim and need to file your Appeal 21-0958  ...put a redacted copy of your denial on here  (cover personal info :name and claim/file #'' 

And maybe we can help you better with your Appeal.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck 

When we were in Vietnam or state side 1960's-70's army did they even have the OSA diagnosis?  Was the military even treating people for OSA?  I have an entry in my medical records about sleep problems, but army would not even acknowledge any psychiatric or AO problems at that time for me.  Unless a soldier went berserk and completely lost his mind many of us with PTSD/Depression were kicked out as personality disorders.  They do very little for guys they are going to kick out including not providing you a copy of your records.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's right John999

Most Vietnam Vets never heard of Sleep Apnea /OSA...I think it started to surface around the late 90's   I think they called sleep disorders'' Obstruction Sleep Disorders'' as to which was not a claim most veterans would recognize back then.