VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation question and otherd

Rate this question

creek chub

Question

I am rated 10% for a bunion and have been since around 1995. I had surgery to correct it not too long ago. The recovery process is still ongoing. Is my 10% rating protected now?

also, I believe my bunion aggravated and or caused other medical conditions. My arch is now fully fallen and I have reoccurring plantar fasciitis. Could I file a secondary claim on these due the bunion even though I had it recently operated on? 

Thanks for any suggestions 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I would put in for an increase for foot condition, and claim pes planus (flat foot) and plantar fasciitis.  You might want to try to get a DBW and MO to go along with that to help out your claim.

Dajoker12

I was granted at the BVA for Ptsd/Mst I My  sleep disorder (Rapid eye movement and acting out my nightmares ) breathing disorder was diagnosed at the Va and issued a CPAP machine by the Va. I had a Nexus/Imo with the rationale to support the opinion done from a Private mental health Doctor. The Bva remanded the sleep disorder and  required me to attend a Comp exam with a  General Doctor. I attended the exam only for the Doctor to tell me. She was not qualified to do the exam because she was not a mental health Doctor. She said the Va asked her if my sleep disorder was secondary to my already SC for Asthma. I had the Imo and nexus letter with me to show that its SC  to PTSD she refused to read. She completed the report and said not SC to Asthma.  I'm not sure why Asthma was even asked of the Comp exam doctor to opinion.

1. What are my options 

2. How is REM breathing disorder rated.

3. I do think I also have sleep apnea although I did not experience  the event at the Va sleep study . Can I have a sleep study done at a private facility using my on insurance. Will Va accept if I'm  Diagnosed.

Thank you