VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would anyone be willing to look over my husbands new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches?

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

Would anyone be willing to look over my husband’s new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches? we also posted a lot of his VA claim docs too.

Thank you all very much for all your prior advice. you have helped my husband so much and we truly appreciate all your help.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife
need help

20 hours ago, Berta said:

Also I asked Vet wife if he hever had an MRI or CT scan of his brain:

"For regulations in effect prior to October 23, 2008, under Diagnostic Code 8045 subjective complaints such as headaches, recognized as symptomatic of brain trauma, will be rated 10 percent and no more under Diagnostic Code 9304. The 10 percent rating will not be combined with any other rating for a disability due to brain trauma. Ratings in excess of 10 percent for brain disease due to trauma under Diagnostic Code 9304 are not assignable in the absence of a diagnosis of multi-infarct dementia associated with brain trauma."

https://www.va.gov/vetapp16/files5/1639000.txt

I am assuming he had multi infarct dementia because the rating was 100%, but the 1999 RO decisions states:

9304 Dementia due to head trauma with mood disorder and Post Traumatic Stress disorder.  100% from 7-29-98

Clearly the 9304 decision warrants a CUE claim.

Does anyone here see what I mean? This is why NVLSP suggest vets who were diagnosed with TBI prior to 2008 should ask to be re- diagnosed properly under 8045.

Also this rating sheet declared the veteran incompetent. 

I need to find what they based that on---- the TBI? or the PTSD? we think it was the TBI Berta

I might not be back here until Friday or Saturday....to work on this claim.

we think it was the TBI Berta

we think it was the TBI Berta

Post-concussive syndrome: What patients and providers need to know

In fact, the CT scan is typically normal in patients with milder TBI including concussion. ... Because microscopic injury to the brain may be a cause of problems, however, even MRI may not be able to detect any abnormality in a patient with TBI.

https://www.americannursetoday.com/post-concussive-syndrome-what-patients-and-providers-need-to-know/

https://www.asnr.org/patientinfo/conditions/tbi.shtml

http://www.brainfacts.org/Explore?topic={BFD49F68-A42E-4AFB-AE47-F6FA795D0075}

Research shows that even mild TBI can cause permanent brain changes in young adults – and ... about the long-term effects of repetitive head impacts, specifically in football and boxers. ... Concussions don't always show up on brain scans.

You said:

"My husband has a really caring, hard-working VSO so I will send him this link

Thank you so much for your valuable time."

I assume you mean to link the VSO to the entire thread here. 

I received the same basic training from NVLSP in 1997, that your VSO has  surely had, which has been enhanced by Google and by the annual VBM, ever since.

You have the medical evidence you need. And you mentioned your husband's doctors said the same thing I did, the evidence should warrant 100% for both prime disabilities. I cannot determine however the outcome of any rating, but evidence and persistence pays off.

Once a decision is made, the CUE I mentioned ,can be revisited.

But CUE depends on medical evidence in VA's possession at time of the alleged CUE.

Your VSO would have access to all of the medical records that generated their 1999 decision. I am sure they could handle the CUE as well...after the VA rates the newer claims.

Hi Berta,

I think these posts are the ITFs you may be talking about. This is what we sent in to Ebenefits, and I included some of the support letters from his 1998 claim too

Thanks again Berta

Thank you so much for all your help Berta we truly appreciate what you and all the other hadit members have done for my husband and all the other veterans that so desperately need help.

I hope that I can learn more so I can start help too

thank you all