Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Additional 100% Disabled Veteran Benefits

Rate this topic

• Founder

https://www.hadit.com/100-percent-total-and-permanent-service-connected-disability-additional-benefits/

If you reach 100% P and T there are more benefits available to you. This is by no means an extensive list and we recommend calling the Veterans Affairs at 1-800-827-1000 with any questions about the following benefits.

• Check your state benefits here
  • Dental treatment for 100% disabled veteran benefits.
  • Educational Assistance for Dependents: (under chapter 35) Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.
  • Civilian health and medical program for dependents/survivors (CHAMPVA). Must be rated a 100% disabled veteran by the VA.
  • Specially Adapted Homes
  • Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance: Decreasing term mortgage insurance up to $90,000 for veterans who have received a Specially Adaptive Housing grant and have an existing mortgage.
  • Waiver of cost of Service Disabled life Insurance: and additional $20,000 of life insurance at cost to veteran. Veteran must have applied for insurance within two years of initial disability rating or within two years of a new disability rating. An increase in a disability rating does not qualify as a new disability.
  • Commissary and Exchange privileges for veteran and dependents: The veteran must request a letter from the VA specifying veteran is in receipt of 100% disability, and then applies for a military ID card at the nearest ID card issuing facility.
  • Emergency treatment in non-VA facilities: if VA facilities are not available.
  • Annual Eye exams and prescribed eye wear

Continue Reading

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont know much about the Philipines.  I suggest you go on base and ask the guard where you get an ID card, and what you need to get one. 

At my post you probably need a couple forms of ID..drivers license, passport, social security card, etc.  

• HadIt.com Elder

It should be the same as here in the USA

Go to your nearest military post ID Dept  you may need to ask where that is on your post compound?There in Manila

Take ID & birth certificates  marriage license copy DD 214, Award letter all original copy's with raised state seal  if you want your spouse to have an ID TOO?   IF YOUR MARRIED?  other wise just take ID-DL, birth certificates DD 214 AND  SS Card   

THE LETTER WOULD BE THAT YOU ARE A 100%SC DISABLED VETERAN.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure then? 

you can try ''ID ME''  and try to fill out the app online and print your own ID Card   but as I understand but it has a lot of glitches .

I'm sure other members can/will chime in

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use