VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenifits effective date

Rate this question

Raulrojas88

Question

Good morning everyone, 
Let me start by saying thank you all for all your input in keeping this community strong. 
Ok so I have been fighting the fight with va since 2015, originally rated at 20%, I submitted an appeal in dec 2015, than opt in the ramp in June 2018. I received my award of 80% last Thursday and have not received by brown envelope, but when I check ebenifits my effective dates next to my disabilities and the dates are all wack out. Example 1/28/2019, 11/3/18, and 3/4/19. I might be jumping the gun, but has anyone experience something like this. I haven’t received retro pay or anything

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I won my claims in 2002   I got out in 1971 ...first filed for S.C. Disability in 1998...was granted 50% in 2000 ...> and then 90% & inferred  TDIU P&T in 2003....since all my disability's incurred in Vietnam say from 1969/70  thats something like 38 years later  (would that be the date of facts found for my disability's? No of course not    they usually go by the date you first filed for the claim.

Now since I was grated 50% in 2000  I will have my 20 year protection on the 50% next year 2020...and then in 2002 I will be home free for my TDIU P&T 20 Year protection...and what a relief that will be.

I am tired of the VA crap and being their slave  worrying rather or not they will come up with the reduction  because they have the power to.

Never underestimate the VA

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

THIS ALL LOOKS LIKE  DOUBLE TALK TO ME

the effective date shall be fixed in accordance with the facts found, but shall not be earlier than the date of receipt of the supplemental claim.

On 4/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, Raulrojas88 said:

Good morning everyone, 
Let me start by saying thank you all for all your input in keeping this community strong. 
Ok so I have been fighting the fight with va since 2015, originally rated at 20%, I submitted an appeal in dec 2015, than opt in the ramp in June 2018. I received my award of 80% last Thursday and have not received by brown envelope, but when I check ebenifits my effective dates next to my disabilities and the dates are all wack out. Example 1/28/2019, 11/3/18, and 3/4/19. I might be jumping the gun, but has anyone experience something like this. I haven’t received retro pay or anything

Look at your award letter and on the 5th or sixth page (maybe wrong) there should be a list of statutes used in granting your decision. I have a screwed up effective date, and lo and behold the statute for effective dates is not listed, meaning they did not take that law into consideration when granting my appeal.  Im now appealing that...

If you can scan and attach the decision to include the evidence list, we might be able to help more.

We need to see their rationale as to the EEDS. Cover your C file #, name, address, prior to scanning it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use