VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenifits effective date

Rate this question

Raulrojas88

Question

Good morning everyone, 
Let me start by saying thank you all for all your input in keeping this community strong. 
Ok so I have been fighting the fight with va since 2015, originally rated at 20%, I submitted an appeal in dec 2015, than opt in the ramp in June 2018. I received my award of 80% last Thursday and have not received by brown envelope, but when I check ebenifits my effective dates next to my disabilities and the dates are all wack out. Example 1/28/2019, 11/3/18, and 3/4/19. I might be jumping the gun, but has anyone experience something like this. I haven’t received retro pay or anything

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

We need more eyes on this one- this is an unusual decision.....

PTSD and TBI granted as of date of diagnosis 1/23/2019           30%

Depression granted 1/23/19                                                                70%

Right knee meniscal tear etc continued at 10%                                10

DDD increased March 2019 due to C & P exam                                  20%

Right toe neuropathy 1/21/19                                                               10%

scars SC  non compensable                                                                      0%

I dont get this- on page 2 of 13 it states SC for PTSD, TBI,alcohol use disorder 70%

But on one of the previous pages ( page # scratched out)- it says they granted the depression at 70%

Do I understand they totaled all this to 80%?

On the claim you filed the day after discharge- May 25, 2015, which they used for the EED for the non compensable “0” SC for scars, did you claim any of the above exact disabilities at that time, in addition to the right knee and DDD disabilities?

You may have run into an ugly little wrinkle in VA effective dates.  It is the date you filed, unless you file within one year of discharge, and get the date of discharge.  The other date the VA will claim is the date they decided you were experiencing the disability.  This may be the date of your last C&P or the date they made their decision.  It saves some money and cheats the veteran.

The effective date is the date the claim was filed, provided you appealed in a timely manner.

NEVER GIVE UP................

So I received my letter and long behold the dates are from my recent qtc in January.. but the doctor from qtc stated that in my records it showed the condition was back dated till 2012. But they still gave me the January 2019 date.. how does an effective date appeal date work?

i am going to upload the letters tonight any help is greatly appreciated 

• HadIt.com Elder

Some say the effective date is the date of facts found ...but more than likely from my experience and witness   is  99% of the time  they go by the date the claim was first filed.

Unless you have a qualified Dr stating the date of the disability first occurred or facts found...my problem is finding a Dr that will say that.

All my disability's say on ebenefits  ''disability incurred in Vietnam''  but that does not mean for a EED .

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use