Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Rahn Gunner

Rate this question

Cam Rahn Gunner

Question

About 1 year ago, as part of my claim, I went for a C&P exam to a "doctor" (psychologist) for a PTSD evaluation.  One of the strangest experiences in many years.  He/She/It, I'm not sure, didn't even ask me what the history of my PTSD was.  He also said that he was only interested in the time from filing the claim to my appearing for the appointment.  Is that "normal" for a C&P examiner (PTSD) ?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

That C & P  sounds very odd to me.

I assume you were in Vietnam during the war.

Do you have the CAR, CIB, or PH on your DD 214-

Reason I ask is that VA usually aways concedes stressor when a veteran has those decorations on their 214.

Still a C & P exam , as far as I know for PTSD would always ask about the stressor and even make a nexus statement .

Have you heard anything yet from VA as to the receipt of your claim or anything else.?

This was "part of" your claim- have you heard anything on the other part (s)?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure I understand your question?

''One of the strangest experiences in many years.  He/She/It, I'm not sure, didn't even ask me what the history of my PTSD was. ''???

Well the examiner is suppose to have all your information(medical records ) from the VA  if this was a contracted out C&P ?

Also most PTSD Exams are Forensic  Exams and the examiner must be a licenses phys Dr, they watch every movement you make  and ask you questions, also they look at your symptoms and ask you questions about your symptoms .......>you need to let them know bad you feel on your worst day (keep that in mind) if they ask.

Just answer the questions has best you can and be honest   do not over exaggerate your symptoms. 

They should be of record and this examiner confirms this. 

• HadIt.com Elder

This statment sounds like a development to deny.

'' He also said that he was only interested in the time from filing the claim to my appearing for the appointment. ''

After you made this post ( I think in March?) did you attempt to get as someone suggested - a copy of the C & P exam?

"Approx. 10 months ago I reported to an examiner (psychologist) appointed by that outfit that is a subcontractor for the VA.  My claim for PTSD has not been decided yet (they say it will be in July of this year).  The day after the exam I complained to that outfit that the examiner and his office was dark, intimidating, in a tiny office in a vacant building at the end of dark hallway. The examiner wouldn't let me talk about my "stressors" or give him any history of the cause of my PTSD or any related information to it.  They (the subcontractor) said this issue "would be taken under advisement".  Is there any way I can find out what his recommendations were that he submitted prior to a decision being made on my claim?  Can I ask for a new examiner?  Thank You.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/74414-can-rahn-gunner/#comment-463807

I strongly suggest that you try to get a copy of that exam, but I think you do need a better C & P exam.

You can file a complaint at IRIS over this C & P but I think the best thing you can do is to call the White HGouse Veterans Hot Line, 1-855-948-2311 and tell them what you told us here.

Did you ever get any input from the C & P contractor?

C & P exams are used to deny claims. The contractors are paid by VA, so that is obviously a conflict of interest-

something is wrong here.

Buck-I agree- GAO has found these contracted exams to be very faulty-they should have asked us here to know that.

Every posthumnous C & P exam they did on my dead husband was not only faulty, the RO deliberately withheld probative evidence from one of the doctors. 

I am concerned that a posthumous exam was done on a 1151 HBP claim I filed in 2015, that was done by someone at the Buffalo VAMC- and not a contracting firm.

It was so ridiculous and faulty and they denied ,that I filed CUE the next day because- although they listed my evidence, the'examiner' never considered it. They awarded in 3 weeks. But I filed CUE on the award bcause that was  wrong too.

I wonder why I didnt get a QTC,VES, or LHI exam- I do not believe ( and I told OAWB, )that anyone with any medical background at all wrote the C & P.

They said I would get it ASAP but that was weeks ago. The SOC rendition is bad enough to make a stink but I want to know who did the exam. And if they are a real doctor , they might be misdiagnosing veterans.