Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Water Navy VA curveball

Rate this question

GBArmy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Supreme Court of the United States just issued a 30-day extension to Department of Justice (DOJ) officials who are contemplating an appeal of a lower court ruling (Procopia v Wilkie).  In January, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington D.C. in 9-2 decision, extended presumptive VA disability benefits to the so-called Blue Water Navy veterans who served off the coast of Vietnam and who were exposed to toxic chemical defoliants during the Vietnam conflict. Now this little slight of hand is AFTER the VA Secretary said he didn't want to recommend any more delays. Am I getting totally negative, but we thought that the Vietnam Navy guys were going to get their coverage finally, and they did is. How come it really isn't in the news?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you so much!

I think any Blue Water should do as the Fleet Reserve Association recommends- by all means write to President Trump.

I have already written to Sec Wilkie ,making a strong medical argument for HBP to get a presumptive status as well as ischemic stroke, for inCountry Vietnam ( and hopefully for Blue Water Veterans as well.)

When I get home from church I will write to POTUS on this.

GBArmy  said:

"How come it really isn't in the news?"

That is a good question- there are still vets and widows,I am sure, who are just learning about Nehmer, 2010.

I was talking last night to one of the original BWN Assoc members, -she like me, were with John Rossie in the beginning-and I think the beginning might now be 10 years ago or more-

A lot is going on with BWN issues. But that has been the case now for Many years.

The FRA site makes it easy to write to President Trump.

https://www.fra.org/FRA/Web/Content/VotervoiceFullInfo.aspx