Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred claim decision?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Got a veteran who's presently at 70% scheduler, and he just got back his decision letter for four disability increases, four "deferred" decisions,  and one approval for convalescence.

The decision letter is pretty much self explanatory, except that:

1. Of all eight of the increase requests mentioned above,  the answers for four of the conditions were deferred, with no other explanation!

2. The decision letter doesn't tell the veteran what his new disability percentage is.

3. The decision letter does mention that his dependents are eligible for educational benefits.

4. The veteran was approved for one month's convalescent back in December, after a hospital stay with surgery.

5.  The veteran hasn't received any "back pay" for any of his newly approved-April 29th decisions that as I calculate using the VA scale, amounts to 100%.

Folks, I have been helping veterans with their questions for 25 years now, but this is the most screwed-up decision letter I have ever seen! Tells the veteran NOTHING!

So what are MY questions you ask? Honestly, I'm confused on what the hell to ask!

Input, questions.., anyone?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH! 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, for starters, I would say that if it does say that his dependents now have educational benefits, he does have a 100% combined rating. And as a general rule, delays in any financial benefits should be expected. I know, often at least some of the back pay/disability pay gets into the bank account, but not always. I think I would wait a little before you start chasing it down because the VA is "confused", which means they are depriving benefits as long as possible.