VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.Gov not updating

Rate this question

Johhny_Drama

Question

Hello everyone 

I have a few questions that are related to backpay and what to “expect” as well as all claim progress directed toward va.gov

I have a SC disability currently rated 0. In oct 2017 I submitted an appeal to my original claim status that rated me as a zero. In Oct 2018 my appeal which I believe went into ramp but I was denied again. I went back and got doctor letters and supplied all new information including a DBQ from doc. Basically I supplied what I should have the first go. So I submitted a new supplemental claim / appeal. It’s confusing but I was told I needed to do it this way. Anyways I submitted this new stuff in April of this year. 

I checked VA gov and it says they do not currently have updated status. Just says I have open claim from April. I called VA they said it’s alreasy in pending decision stage. They said they have a lot of information and again I made sure to include everything. So my first question is why isn’t va gov updating ? Is anyone else having this issue ?

second, I’m currently at 70 percent. My claim is for migraines. According to their grade boxes I may get 50 percent. Say they do 50 or 30 etc. would they go back to 2017 see what my rate was then , then add this new rate and then pay difference ? I never let it go a year. I made sure to always file a response before year. I just want to get a clear understanding on what dates, how this wouid back pay and I say 50 percent just to make it easy. 

Thank you 🙏 

• Lead Moderator

If I am understanding this correctly, you appealed in the time frame and made sure to keep pressing forward.  So your EED should be the earlier date.  

As for your back pay it depends on your other conditions were rated.  If they rate you at that percentage.  You really have to wait for an update to show what is really going on.  You can call PEGGY and they have been much better about giving you updates.  Other than that you will need to just hang out and see what they do this time.  

On 5/6/2019 at 9:45 PM, shrekthetank1 said:

If I am understanding this correctly, you appealed in the time frame and made sure to keep pressing forward.  So your EED should be the earlier date.  

As for your back pay it depends on your other conditions were rated.  If they rate you at that percentage.  You really have to wait for an update to show what is really going on.  You can call PEGGY and they have been much better about giving you updates.  Other than that you will need to just hang out and see what they do this time.  

I keep seeing references to 'call Peggy'.  Can I ask, who is Peggy and can she provide me an update if she is not my representative?  Just curious as my appeal just updated to 'The judge has made a decision' and 'The Board of Veterans’ Appeals sent you a decision on your appeal.'  I figure that someone can see something so I don't have to wait the ten days or so.  I call the -1000 number and they are not allowed to tell me anything.  Just curious...

On 5/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, Johhny_Drama said:

Hello everyone 

I have a few questions that are related to backpay and what to “expect” as well as all claim progress directed toward va.gov

I have a SC disability currently rated 0. In oct 2017 I submitted an appeal to my original claim status that rated me as a zero. In Oct 2018 my appeal which I believe went into ramp but I was denied again. I went back and got doctor letters and supplied all new information including a DBQ from doc. Basically I supplied what I should have the first go. So I submitted a new supplemental claim / appeal. It’s confusing but I was told I needed to do it this way. Anyways I submitted this new stuff in April of this year. 

I checked VA gov and it says they do not currently have updated status. Just says I have open claim from April. I called VA they said it’s alreasy in pending decision stage. They said they have a lot of information and again I made sure to include everything. So my first question is why isn’t va gov updating ? Is anyone else having this issue ?

second, I’m currently at 70 percent. My claim is for migraines. According to their grade boxes I may get 50 percent. Say they do 50 or 30 etc. would they go back to 2017 see what my rate was then , then add this new rate and then pay difference ? I never let it go a year. I made sure to always file a response before year. I just want to get a clear understanding on what dates, how this wouid back pay and I say 50 percent just to make it easy. 

You may have two different effective dates.  VA may do a Fenderson rating.  In order for you to get a 50 % rating back to 2017, your medical evidence must prove you met that rating criteria back in 2017.  VA may start you with a lower rating and then increase your rating when you got the DBQ. Now if your medical records shows you had multiple migraines per month, then you may have a chance but this is pure speculation with out knowing what is actually in your file.

3 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Peggy is the 800 number. Do you have a VSO?  How long ago did this change? Mine was out within a month after the decision. Next yo will have the wait time of the RO to put everything into effect or do any remand. 

Just changed yesterday and I do have an RSO.  He is pretty helpful but the suspense is killing me, of course. I did call the 800 number but all they could tell was the RD was 39 pages and going in the mail and that it could take up to 10 days to get to me.  

• Lead Moderator
10 hours ago, Winston said:

Just changed yesterday and I do have an RSO.  He is pretty helpful but the suspense is killing me, of course. I did call the 800 number but all they could tell was the RD was 39 pages and going in the mail and that it could take up to 10 days to get to me.  

you can reach out to the RSO and see if they can next week.  As for the process it will take some time to get implemented.