VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.Gov not updating

Rate this question

Johhny_Drama

Question

Hello everyone 

I have a few questions that are related to backpay and what to “expect” as well as all claim progress directed toward va.gov

I have a SC disability currently rated 0. In oct 2017 I submitted an appeal to my original claim status that rated me as a zero. In Oct 2018 my appeal which I believe went into ramp but I was denied again. I went back and got doctor letters and supplied all new information including a DBQ from doc. Basically I supplied what I should have the first go. So I submitted a new supplemental claim / appeal. It’s confusing but I was told I needed to do it this way. Anyways I submitted this new stuff in April of this year. 

I checked VA gov and it says they do not currently have updated status. Just says I have open claim from April. I called VA they said it’s alreasy in pending decision stage. They said they have a lot of information and again I made sure to include everything. So my first question is why isn’t va gov updating ? Is anyone else having this issue ?

second, I’m currently at 70 percent. My claim is for migraines. According to their grade boxes I may get 50 percent. Say they do 50 or 30 etc. would they go back to 2017 see what my rate was then , then add this new rate and then pay difference ? I never let it go a year. I made sure to always file a response before year. I just want to get a clear understanding on what dates, how this wouid back pay and I say 50 percent just to make it easy. 

Thank you 🙏 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, Johhny_Drama said:

Hello everyone 

I have a few questions that are related to backpay and what to “expect” as well as all claim progress directed toward va.gov

I have a SC disability currently rated 0. In oct 2017 I submitted an appeal to my original claim status that rated me as a zero. In Oct 2018 my appeal which I believe went into ramp but I was denied again. I went back and got doctor letters and supplied all new information including a DBQ from doc. Basically I supplied what I should have the first go. So I submitted a new supplemental claim / appeal. It’s confusing but I was told I needed to do it this way. Anyways I submitted this new stuff in April of this year. 

I checked VA gov and it says they do not currently have updated status. Just says I have open claim from April. I called VA they said it’s alreasy in pending decision stage. They said they have a lot of information and again I made sure to include everything. So my first question is why isn’t va gov updating ? Is anyone else having this issue ?

second, I’m currently at 70 percent. My claim is for migraines. According to their grade boxes I may get 50 percent. Say they do 50 or 30 etc. would they go back to 2017 see what my rate was then , then add this new rate and then pay difference ? I never let it go a year. I made sure to always file a response before year. I just want to get a clear understanding on what dates, how this wouid back pay and I say 50 percent just to make it easy. 

Thank you 🙏 

I'm CURIOUS how it turns out for you. I have the same issue. I'm 60% now. waiting for the migraine decision, currently rated ZERO. Based on my C&P exam and my supporting evidence I should get 50% according to 8100. but I'm really only expecting 30% maybe even 10% knowing the VA is going to say they don't have enough proof of financial impact to grant 50%.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Dodger It sounds like you understand the deal. The VA will very often seem to ignore some of the facts and you end up getting lowballed. But knowing that, you don't settle, you appeal. As long as you stay within the time restrictions for appeal, when you win, you can get back pay all the way back. Unless they lowball that, then just repeat the drill. Good luck.