HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021 ×

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

11%
    $175.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

HadIt.com Anniversary 24 years on Jan 20, 2021

VA.Gov not updating

Question

Hello everyone 

I have a few questions that are related to backpay and what to “expect” as well as all claim progress directed toward va.gov

I have a SC disability currently rated 0. In oct 2017 I submitted an appeal to my original claim status that rated me as a zero. In Oct 2018 my appeal which I believe went into ramp but I was denied again. I went back and got doctor letters and supplied all new information including a DBQ from doc. Basically I supplied what I should have the first go. So I submitted a new supplemental claim / appeal. It’s confusing but I was told I needed to do it this way. Anyways I submitted this new stuff in April of this year. 

I checked VA gov and it says they do not currently have updated status. Just says I have open claim from April. I called VA they said it’s alreasy in pending decision stage. They said they have a lot of information and again I made sure to include everything. So my first question is why isn’t va gov updating ? Is anyone else having this issue ?

second, I’m currently at 70 percent. My claim is for migraines. According to their grade boxes I may get 50 percent. Say they do 50 or 30 etc. would they go back to 2017 see what my rate was then , then add this new rate and then pay difference ? I never let it go a year. I made sure to always file a response before year. I just want to get a clear understanding on what dates, how this wouid back pay and I say 50 percent just to make it easy. 

Thank you 🙏 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

If I am understanding this correctly, you appealed in the time frame and made sure to keep pressing forward.  So your EED should be the earlier date.   As for your back pay it depends on your oth

Dodger It sounds like you understand the deal. The VA will very often seem to ignore some of the facts and you end up getting lowballed. But knowing that, you don't settle, you appeal. As long as you

3 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Peggy is the 800 number. Do you have a VSO?  How long ago did this change? Mine was out within a month after the decision. Next yo will have the wait time of the RO to put everything into effect or do any remand. 

Just changed yesterday and I do have an RSO.  He is pretty helpful but the suspense is killing me, of course. I did call the 800 number but all they could tell was the RD was 39 pages and going in the mail and that it could take up to 10 days to get to me.  

10 hours ago, Winston said:

Just changed yesterday and I do have an RSO.  He is pretty helpful but the suspense is killing me, of course. I did call the 800 number but all they could tell was the RD was 39 pages and going in the mail and that it could take up to 10 days to get to me.  

you can reach out to the RSO and see if they can next week.  As for the process it will take some time to get implemented.  

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, Johhny_Drama said:

Hello everyone 

I have a few questions that are related to backpay and what to “expect” as well as all claim progress directed toward va.gov

I have a SC disability currently rated 0. In oct 2017 I submitted an appeal to my original claim status that rated me as a zero. In Oct 2018 my appeal which I believe went into ramp but I was denied again. I went back and got doctor letters and supplied all new information including a DBQ from doc. Basically I supplied what I should have the first go. So I submitted a new supplemental claim / appeal. It’s confusing but I was told I needed to do it this way. Anyways I submitted this new stuff in April of this year. 

I checked VA gov and it says they do not currently have updated status. Just says I have open claim from April. I called VA they said it’s alreasy in pending decision stage. They said they have a lot of information and again I made sure to include everything. So my first question is why isn’t va gov updating ? Is anyone else having this issue ?

second, I’m currently at 70 percent. My claim is for migraines. According to their grade boxes I may get 50 percent. Say they do 50 or 30 etc. would they go back to 2017 see what my rate was then , then add this new rate and then pay difference ? I never let it go a year. I made sure to always file a response before year. I just want to get a clear understanding on what dates, how this wouid back pay and I say 50 percent just to make it easy. 

Thank you 🙏 

I'm CURIOUS how it turns out for you. I have the same issue. I'm 60% now. waiting for the migraine decision, currently rated ZERO. Based on my C&P exam and my supporting evidence I should get 50% according to 8100. but I'm really only expecting 30% maybe even 10% knowing the VA is going to say they don't have enough proof of financial impact to grant 50%.  

Dodger It sounds like you understand the deal. The VA will very often seem to ignore some of the facts and you end up getting lowballed. But knowing that, you don't settle, you appeal. As long as you stay within the time restrictions for appeal, when you win, you can get back pay all the way back. Unless they lowball that, then just repeat the drill. Good luck.

• Like 1