VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champ VA for Urgent Care

Dreamer79

Question

Hello Fellow Vets,

I have a question. 

I am a 100% disable vet. 

Yesterday, my son was sick and me and my wife brought him to Urgent Care near my home at 1:30 am.      

We stay there whole night and came back today.    He took CT scan and X- ray.    ( Doctor told us that he got Mumps.) 

Can you help me how to payment to this ?

Champ VA insurance is the only insurance for me and my family.

Thank you in advance.

Jae.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you had his CHAMPVA Insurance  card, with you , and the hospital took note  of it, I would think the bill would go to CHAMPVA.

They (CHAMPVA) also have their own on line site.

Then again if they did not have your CHAMPVA card info- the Handbook you have from CHAMPVA will explain what to do if you are billed.

Thank you Berta !

I don't think we bought my son's  Champ VA Card. ( we totally forget to bring..)

You think go there ask them first ? 

If they are don't know about Champ VA insurance and say not accept this insurance,  We have to explain them right?

Thank you again and sorry to bother you with too many question...

Yes, it is great that he got immediate care- but your question would be answered in the CHAMPVA handbook they send to us CHAMPVA depenents  or you could google their website and ask there or by phone.

My CHAMPVA pays what Medicare doesn't, so I have no idea ,in your case, what they will pay.

I think the whole CHAMPVA pamphlet is at their web site.

Edited by Berta

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, Berta said:

, it is great that he got immediate care- but your question would be answered in the CHAMPVA handbook they send to us CHAMPVA depenents  or you could google their website and ask there or by phone.

Thank you for your answer Berta.

I will check CHAMPVA handbook and update status when they charge this.   

Have a great day !!

You might call the billing office to see if they have the card. Also be ready for all of the other bills that you will need to call with the information. I found when my wife had bypass surgery that the hospitals do not share insurance information with the other providers. A FYI we carry photocopies of her cards CHAMPVA, stop gap insurance, and identification card to give to providers. It seems to help most times.