VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reevaluation

Rate this question

russ209

Question

Hello all haven't posted on here in a while. A few weeks ago I was getting phone calls from a non va agency to schedule an exam. At first I was shocked. I have been 100% total for ptsd since march of 16 previously was 70% from 2007 until I was rated 100 in 2015. I also have 10% for tbi 10% for TBI and had my migraines increased from 0 to 30% sometime earlier this year. Thats an overview of everything I have.

So should I be worried that the VA scheduled me a reeval before 5 years? I have been getting treatment on and off and been on medicine on and off the last for years and this kinda blindsided me.I already completed the appointment and I cannot find any notes on my blue button. Nothing has changed since I was awarded the 100% except the increase in migraines. Still have my wife as my caregiver and currently going through the reevaluation for ssdi as well. Stay safe Russ.

• Lead Moderator

You can call on Monday to PEGGY and see if they can see what the exam is for, it could just be a regular checkup.  What was the name of the company?  What was the exam for?  Do not not go to this as they will see it as a refusal and will stop your va payments.  I would be asking them any question you can think of to find out what it is.  If it is legit just be honest and make the appointment.  

10 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

You can call on Monday to PEGGY and see if they can see what the exam is for, it could just be a regular checkup.  What was the name of the company?  What was the exam for?  Do not not go to this as they will see it as a refusal and will stop your va payments.  I would be asking them any question you can think of to find out what it is.  If it is legit just be honest and make the appointment.  

I already went to the appointment it was c&p reevaluation for my ptsd and alcohol disorder. I am just worried because the VA had it scheduled before five years.

On 6/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, russ209 said:

I am just worried because the VA had it scheduled before five years.

PTSD is one of the ratings that can be re-evaluated at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,  years etc. The reason for the re-eval is opaque to the veteran until the rating decision shows up or you get the your local RO or your VSO to print you out the letter from VA sent to the Examiner.

Be aware that they don't just assume you want that letter when you request your DBQ results from the RO. You have to ask for it specifically and you may have to fight over it.

Wait two to three weeks and if you have a VSO have they get it, if not try and go to your RO and get them yourself.

Did you by chance put in a claim for something else? this can trigger a review.

It is possible that they were doing a quality control review on your file and they decided you are P&T and this will be your last exam...hope that is the case 🙂

So big update. It says that today my claim was closed. So i checked my eben and it says im still 100% for ptsd. So I called the va 1800 number to check and make sure. I was told I am being sent a letter stating that my benefits should be reduced! The VA is saying I missed a c&p exam for ptsd that was scheduled the 18th of july. I was only scheduled for one c&p through vetrecs on may 14th and went to it. The guy I spoke to on the phone said I have to wait for the letter to come in the mail to dispute it. I am really freaking out now.does this mean my benefts will be changed on the 1st? I wish i would have seen VA docs for my c&p and never had to deal with the civilian agency. Should I be freaked out? I am trying to keep my cool.