• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

russ209

Reevaluation

Question

Hello all haven't posted on here in a while. A few weeks ago I was getting phone calls from a non va agency to schedule an exam. At first I was shocked. I have been 100% total for ptsd since march of 16 previously was 70% from 2007 until I was rated 100 in 2015. I also have 10% for tbi 10% for TBI and had my migraines increased from 0 to 30% sometime earlier this year. Thats an overview of everything I have.

So should I be worried that the VA scheduled me a reeval before 5 years? I have been getting treatment on and off and been on medicine on and off the last for years and this kinda blindsided me.I already completed the appointment and I cannot find any notes on my blue button. Nothing has changed since I was awarded the 100% except the increase in migraines. Still have my wife as my caregiver and currently going through the reevaluation for ssdi as well. Stay safe Russ.

5 answers to this question

You can call on Monday to PEGGY and see if they can see what the exam is for, it could just be a regular checkup.  What was the name of the company?  What was the exam for?  Do not not go to this as they will see it as a refusal and will stop your va payments.  I would be asking them any question you can think of to find out what it is.  If it is legit just be honest and make the appointment.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

You can call on Monday to PEGGY and see if they can see what the exam is for, it could just be a regular checkup.  What was the name of the company?  What was the exam for?  Do not not go to this as they will see it as a refusal and will stop your va payments.  I would be asking them any question you can think of to find out what it is.  If it is legit just be honest and make the appointment.  

I already went to the appointment it was c&p reevaluation for my ptsd and alcohol disorder. I am just worried because the VA had it scheduled before five years.

This is a scheduled five year exam.  The VA will continue your rating but in some cases may reduce you.  Fight the reduction if they propose one.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, russ209 said:

I am just worried because the VA had it scheduled before five years.

PTSD is one of the ratings that can be re-evaluated at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,  years etc. The reason for the re-eval is opaque to the veteran until the rating decision shows up or you get the your local RO or your VSO to print you out the letter from VA sent to the Examiner.

Be aware that they don't just assume you want that letter when you request your DBQ results from the RO. You have to ask for it specifically and you may have to fight over it.

Wait two to three weeks and if you have a VSO have they get it, if not try and go to your RO and get them yourself.

Did you by chance put in a claim for something else? this can trigger a review.

It is possible that they were doing a quality control review on your file and they decided you are P&T and this will be your last exam...hope that is the case 🙂

Hey Russ any update? I am due for my 5 year review soon.