Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No sign of claim after 3 weeks

Rate this question

Mover1993

Question

Hello all, hope your day is well.

I sent my documents to DAV on May 15th to be submitted as a supplemental claim with new and relevant evidence. I periodically check Ebenefits and VA.gov for any status of it and nothing has shown up so far. I also haven't received anything via snail mail by VA. I'm just wondering if this is normal and just wait it out?

Thanks everyone. 

On 6/15/2019 at 11:40 PM, GeekySquid said:

it has been 9 days since you posted, any movement?

Nope. The VA officially received my claim on May 17. Today is day 30. according to others on here, I may have a lot more waiting to do. 

20 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

I  had called the 800 on a HLR that had not shown up in eBenefits or Vets.gov, the person told me she could see it in the intake but she said the VA is supposed to under the new procedures get them into the system with 2 weeks. I would ask the DAV how they submitted your HLR and when they did.

vetquest is so right, the VA is creating a single point of failure. The VA needs several intake centers to handle the workload.

Hey Paul,

I've called the hotline twice now and they said the same. They see it in there and thats it haha. No ETA or anything. 

Thanks for the continued responses everyone and i'm sorry for the delayed response from my end. Am going to keep everyone updated.

1 minute ago, Mover1993 said:

The VA officially received my claim on May 17.

okay so you know the VA has gotten it and it is not "lost" in some mysterious black hole.

nothing still on ebennies or va.gov I assume from your response.

hate to say it but hurry up and wait may be in your future.

Berta posted a link to a newly certified class action suit that may just add to the wait time for many vets claims like yours.

sorry. I was hoping you had good news.

7 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

okay so you know the VA has gotten it and it is not "lost" in some mysterious black hole.

nothing still on ebennies or va.gov I assume from your response.

hate to say it but hurry up and wait may be in your future.

Berta posted a link to a newly certified class action suit that may just add to the wait time for many vets claims like yours.

sorry. I was hoping you had good news.

It's okay. I would be happy if i eventually get a C&P exam for MH. That's what i've been striving for

Hello everyone,

Hope your week is swell. I found out my claim was uploaded to VA.gov today. on the site it states that my supplemental claim was received and the issue on review is General Anxiety Disorder. I heard all mental health is rated the same so i'm not worried about GAD being on there as i have diagnosis for Adjustment disorder and sleep disorders.  the site also says Status: We don’t know your status. 

16 minutes ago, Mover1993 said:

Hello everyone,

Hope your week is swell. I found out my claim was uploaded to VA.gov today. on the site it states that my supplemental claim was received and the issue on review is General Anxiety Disorder. I heard all mental health is rated the same so i'm not worried about GAD being on there as i have diagnosis for Adjustment disorder and sleep disorders.  the site also says Status: We don’t know your status. 

@GeekySquid