Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans approaching the 20 year protection rule!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What is a smart thing for Veterans to do getting close to their 20 year protection Rule on having there 100% or TDIU P&T  for 20 consecutive years?

As I understand when Veterans reach this mile stone or right before lets say a  year or even months away from the 20 year protection...The VA Comes out and trys to ruin the party with a reevaluation of the veterans S.C. Conditions  to see if he has actually shown improvment? and reduce his 100% or his IU.

Question?

is it in the Veterans best interest to file on more claims  to build up his %?

say the veteran has a160% total or combined rating to get him /her to the 100% rating and has kept this rating for over 19 years...>   since the VA can reevaluate a veteran at any given time   the more the veteran has been rated for the harder for the VA to reduce below the 100%  correct?

Like if a Veteran has a total rating of 160% and the VA reevaluates and says he has improved on these rating for a 70% improvement then they can propose to reduce him below the 100% ...but if he has more ratings  then its hard for them to knock him down below the 100% and he would be safe for the 20 year protection  correct?

so it would be in the veterans better intrest to add more s.c. conditions or secondary conditions to keep from being reduced getting close to his 20 year protection.

Correct?

Anyone?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

GB Army

''Why call attention when you are close to the end date? ''

Well hadit member and VA Certified Accredited VA Claims agent and long time  hadit elder member Alex Graham (aka asknod)is currently helping a Veteran that got a proposed reduction and called up for a Re evaluation at his 19&9 months or so in on his concurrent S.C  disability's

(*.note *)

I;m not exactly sure how long this veteran had his disability's  but close to this)

just 3 more months and he would not having to be doing this crap.

They will call up a Veteran that has 19 years and 11 months and 29 days  if he still don't have the full 20 year protection  they can do this..why? because they can. and have no heart./compassion toward their fellow veteran brother /sister.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Now of course its the Veterans option as to rather or not he needs or wants to add more conditions to his list of sc disabilitys for the under 20 year protection Rule.  to keep from going under the 100% mark if they call him/her up for Reevaluation and find an improvement within their  s.c. Disability's 

I am not going to do anything unless I do get a letter for Reevaluation, then I will file more claims.....but I will ask that this  meaningless Reevaluation be cancel to give this time slot to another veteran that is trying to get his well deserved benefits.